“Excellent Chinese food, good for groups”

Hotspot Central Leiden
Reserve with
Hotspot Central Leiden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 323 Restaurants in Leiden
Price range: USD 6 - USD 40
Description: Hotspot Central Gastrohome is conveniently located across Leiden Central Station. Literally, Leiden’s first welcoming hotspot to Connect – Eat – Explore – Drink services. Easy to find, walk in for a quick breakfast with great coffee inside or enjoy our menu any time of the day. When weather permits use our city terrace garden located at the back of our restaurant-bar. An ideal place to combine lunch and work meetings or quick catch ups close by central transportation hubs. In our Gastrohome, you will be pleasantly surprised with flavors of home and faraway borders. Enjoy a culinary journey between Europe and China serving authentic dishes on our tables. Come to unwind and relax while enjoying a friendly atmosphere and hospitality.
Reviewed 29 September 2018

This restaurant really doesn't look like much from the outside. But it actually serves Chinese food that is well made and fresh. We went with a large group, half of whom were Chinese, and they all agreed that the food would pass muster in China.

I wasn't entirely sure where the chef was from, but there was ample use of cumin and red chilies in our dishes--I preferred those dishes to the dim sum that we got, which was alright, but nothing amazing. It's quite large on the inside--our group had 20+ people and we were seated comfortably.

If you are a fan of the super oily, extra spicy Chinese eggplant dish (not everyone is), they do a good rendition of that here. Shrimp with peanuts also good. They do a cumin beef with red chili dish that tastes a lot like Uighur food, but without the Szechuan peppercorns.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Illinois_traveler22

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We walked past this place a few times when walking from the train station into town and at first overlooked it. We checked the menu again and went inside. We should have come here before! We ate at some overpriced places in Leiden that couldn't match this place for quality of food and drink, and customer service. When I enquired about the selection of teas, the restaurant manager brought me samples of all the different special selection of teas and talked me through each of them. The tea was delicious - and I was spoilt for choice. I had a very tasty Thai main dish and my partner had the Croque Monsieur. We both agreed, we should have eaten out here before. Great value for money, and if you're living nearby, then I could see how this place could become a regular.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Melanie H
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I have been a guest at this restaurant several times. The atmosphere is cozy, because the restaurant is nicely decorated. It is a 'fusion' of different styles. The service is friendly and attentive. The food is relatively quick and well prepared. The croque madam is recommended: well prepared and delicious.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 9 August 2018

After the spell of hot summer days recently, it was refreshing to find an air-conditioned restaurant! The restaurant has a pretty unassuming exterior, so I had missed it the first time I walked past- it is right after the Jumbo and very close to the train station.
The restaurant cosy and comfortable, with asian-inspired decor. I went at dinner time, but I imagine this will be a good place for coffee, asian snacks and reading a book too.
I got the beef noodles, which were great value for money! You get fresh, springy noodles in a delicate broth, with slow-cooked, tender beef chunks. There is also an extensive menu of asian/fusion style food.
I enjoyed it very much, and will definitely be coming back for more!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We were in Leiden looking for somewhere cool to eat lunch when we stumbled across Hotspot Central which was air conditioned. The service and food were very good, so good, that we returned for dinner later in the day. We certainly discovered a little gem with great food, and with the bonus of air conditioning. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2018