All reviews budget hotel dune view all kinds indoor pool minute walk hotel is situated the room was nice yogurt balcony sea meats sauna sauce swimmingpool netherlands miles conference
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Rooms are tiny. Food options are limited for vegetarians especially in the buffets.
Location is ideal as it is right next to the beach. Meetings rooms are quite decent and come equipped with all the modern fixtures and fittings.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2018

young team, very dedicated! I will stay there next year again. The room was clean. I liked the ambiente of the hole hotel. The Breakfest buffet was very good and the meals and service at the restaurant was very good too.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Golden Tulip Hotels
Reviewed 3 March 2018

from this hotel you just cross the dunes and you are on the beach, to the left a beachbar, to the right a huge beach, dunes , no buildings. Rooms are functionnal, clean and nice big shower.Large fridge and nespressomachine.
SwimmingPool and sauna.Choice between 2 restauerants, we tried both and very good.
There was no problem for parking, also for our mountainbikes.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2018

The rooms are tiny, the place gives a worn-out impression and not only because of the decoration. The stench in the elevator is very powerful (I wouldn't be surprised if there are dead rodents in the elevator shaft). Service: long waits, wrong orders, missing elements, no cutlery, order for water forgotten... The food was partially ok, partially a disaster: undercooked fish whereby the first waitress tried to tell me it is normal and the second then didn't know what to do when I told her it was inedible (I eventually got a coffee on the house!); bland, luke-warm vegetables, undercooked gratin dauphinois. The scrambled eggs: I have never seen scrambled eggs that you can slice. Of course, made of powder and cooked until it has the consistency (and the taste) of the stuff that you can plaster your wall with. Quite disgusting actually. The bed I had (I'm not saying that is the case with all of them) was one of the worst I have ever experienced and I sleep in hotels approx. 180 nights per year. When I made a remark about this I got the reply "That I had stayed long enough with them to bring it up earlier." As I appreciate the point, the manner and attitude of the reply is symptomatic: Amateurs who think they are professionals. This hotel is cheap in every aspect (except the prices) and I have this week told colleagues who were looking for a hotel to avoid it like the plague. I know I will.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Golden Tulip We... G, Hotel at Golden Tulip Beach Hotel Westduin Vlissingen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel. Unfortunate to note that your stay was not satisfactory.
Could you please send us your direct phone number and/or e-mail adress so we can get in contact with you regarding this?

Since the last name is not visible we are not able to look for the information in our system.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Golden Tulip Strandhotel Westduin.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

We checked in into this hotel for four nights last week. It was autumn and the weather at home wasn't very nice. Check-in was fast and efficient. We got all our information about the hotel on a sheet of paper. The room itself was not very big, but sufficient and efficiently laid out. We dined at the hotel the first night, the menu was simple, three starters, five main courses and three deserts. Nothing exciting, just good food. Breakfast however, was totaly far from unexciting. A wonderfull buffet breakfast was served every day. All you need for a good start of the day was available.
Bikes are for hire at the hotel and Vlissingen is within easy reach. The beach is just a short walk away.What more does one need?

Room Tip: check hotels.nl for a good deal
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple