All reviews great location boutique hotel old district nearby cafe big shower nice coffee machine super comfortable bed the staff are super friendly great taste train station sized room steep staircase breakfast is served loved this hotel in easy walking distance interior design bottled water
Reviewed 18 October 2015

There are two reasons why I have not rated this hotel as Excellent one is because of the cleanliness. We had a Black room (top floor) which you would think would hide dirt but actually all it does is highlight it. Although a lot of the rom was clean (bedding obviously. towels, shower screen) a lot wasn't... in particular the splash back behind the in-room wash basin.... it was caked in soap residue, and water stains... and the soap dish needed a good wash in a dishwasher... it was full of (other peoples) soap! The floor rug needed a good shake and the chair was grimy... However the bed was super comfy, in room Wi-Fi great and we had roof top views. The second reason this is not receiving an excellent is because of breakfast (or lack of it being on the premises)... when we booked with Booking.com we stated that we would have breakfast at an additional cost... at no point diod it say that breakfast was in a completely different establishment outside of the hotel.... I would not have booked if we had known that.... what happens if it is pouring it down? I was told that the hotel is going to change its layout on the ground floor to make room for a breakfast room... hope so. I enjoyed staying there but for the price I would have expected something a bit more special (and cleaner) than what we got.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank SusanSalmon1
Marleen S, Manager at Mother Goose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

Dear Susan,

thank you for having taken the time to write a review!
I'm sorry to hear about the cleanliness and the miscommunication on our part about the breakfast facilities - we will make sure to clarify this online.
Moreover, the feedback about our housekeeping has been communicated to our Housekeeping Manager, and appropriate action has been taken.

Again - thank you for your feedback, and I hope you enjoyed your stay nonetheless.

Love,

Mother Goose
Stephanie Thijssen

Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

Nice hotel and fantastic suite right beneath the roof. the hotel is right in the middle of the old charming district close to the dome. i didnt got much sleep due to the bars and dome / church bells, but this has nothing to do with the hotel itself. get some earplugs or get drunk and you can ignore this ;)

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jimmy T
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Loved the location and decor of this darling hotel. Ideally located in center of everything, near shopping and dining. Utrecht is a gorgeous town with a two tiered canal (cafes on both levels!). Worth a day trip from Amsterdam if possible.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank Chimomstyle
Reviewed 22 September 2015

I stayed on the Black Goose Floor while in Utrecht for a scientific conference. The location was excellent - a stone's throw from restaurants and shops along the canal and walking distance to the new Tivoli Vredenburg conference center and train station. The room was very clean and comfortable, the decor was charmingly odd, and the view was lovely. Room amenities included free coffee, tea and bottled water. I would definitely stay here again if I ever find myself back in Utrecht.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank cailin110
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I stayed at this wonderful little hotel for 5 nights while attending a scientific conference at Utrecht University. It really is as good a boutique hotel as you can find anywhere. My room was beautiful and extremely comfortable, the staff were all very friendly and helpful, and the hotel's location is perfect. It was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank PFT56067
Marleen S, Manager at Mother Goose Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

'a wonderful experience' is exactly what we are going for, thank you for reviewing us as such!
We look forward to your next conference, and making the stay in Utrecht even better than the last!

Love,