All reviews public transport business travel clean rooms town centre on foot minute walk old city canal station motorway receptionist euros netherlands bike
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Staying at Ibis is always a pleasure. Ibis Utrech offers free parking witch is pretty rare. The breakfast was very good and diverse. The room was clean and the stuff was friendly. The hotel is near a bus station, for those who do not have a car. By car it is pretty close from the city center (max 10 mins).

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reint_v_R, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Dear Cristina S,

Thank you for your review of Ibis Utrecht! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay!

For those travelling to us, whether by car or not, we also have bicycles available at the hotel to make the trip to the city centre even easier!

Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 29 June 2016

This hotel is accessible via a car, bike or public transport. Bus 25 drops you after 3 stops from the train station and is cheap, bus 25 becomes I hear bus 5 on 2 July. The tram is nearby too at 5 October place and you will see the hotel back on the right as it makes a left under the main road.

There is free parking too.

The hotel is about 1.5 miles from the medieval heart of the city in a nice green area next to canals.

It is clean and well kept.

The rooms are normal Ibis rooms. The beds are comfortable. The windows fully open, but if you leave them fully open you will hear the traffic on the main road outside the hotel.

The breakfast was well stocked and had a good selection of mainly baked goods or cold cuts. It aslo had scrambled eggs, sausages annd boiled eggs.

The bar area is pleasant.

Room Tip: Room at back
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reint_v_R, General Manager at Ibis Utrecht, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Dear Wraxall Travellers,

Thanks for the great, accurate review! I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope we will see you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

I did stay 4 nights in this hotel and was satisfied with quality and pricing. WiFi speed is good, parking is free, bed is comfortable, staff is friendly. I had a car so hotel location did not matter. Room was basic but clean.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Dear Jafarelli,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to see that the services and staff were satisfactory!

Hope to see you again in Ibis Utrecht!

Reviewed 19 June 2016

This hotel was good value and just off a ring road on the outskirts of Utrecht.The room was decent enough with comfortable bed and adequate bathroom.Breakfast was very good a comprehensive selection better then other Ibis' that I have stopped in.The staff were very helpful and accommodating.To get to the hotel if you dont have a car take bus 25 from the Utrecht central railway station. It is a regular service every 15 mins most of the day and there is a bus stop outside the hotel. However if you arrived in Utrecht by train like I did (and this doesnt reflect on the hotel in any way) the bus stop is very difficult to find with the building work going on the station ,it's not obvious where to go to get the bus.The best bet is to walk to the far end of the station near the UOV bus office and go down the escalators to the bus stop.TV monitors will have which stop to use.
I enjoyed my stay but next time would aim for somewhere more in the centre of the city.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo

Dear Owlsman,

Thank you for reviewing Ibis Utrecht and your stay with us! I am glad to read that, apart from the public transport in the city centre, we made a good impression and that my colleagues were there for you!

The works around the central station are still going on, but luckily there are more and more 'helpers' in fluorescent shirts around that can help people find their bus stop..

I see you might consider going to a more central hotel for a possible next visit. If this has to do with the distance, maybe come back to us and talk to our staff about the bicycles we have here. That might give you a quick way to solve the distance issue, while still giving you the quick transfers and you get to see some beautiful parts of Utrecht!

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

This is a basic hotel with clean and tidy rooms. The reception, bar and restaurant areas are good and the breakfasts are good. The rooms are perfect for a few nights stay, but I have had a couple rooms on the 4th and 5th floor on the car park side that were noisy from street noises like vehicles and early deliveries and labourers. Fair value hotel.

Stayed: June 2016

Dear rc1987,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, please accept my apologies for my late reply.

I was happy to read that you had an overall good stay in Ibis Utrecht, even though the street noise was a bit of a nuisance. Since you were not the only guest noticing that some of the noise was due to our own suppliers, we are currently in contact with them to change delivery times as to cause less trouble. Sadly, I can only talk to our suppliers and not the other users of the street.

I hope we will have a chance to see you again in Utrecht!