See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I paid 65 euro per night and I got a very old-fashioned, but clean room, straight out of the 80s. Green carpet on the floor?! Shower curtain, which I do not find very hygienic (it sticks to your body when the temperature in the sower rises, does it get cleaned every time?) . No fridge. But the bed was good, and the shower had a good pressure. Very depressing corridors and elevator. Very friendly and helpful staff though!
I would not want to be here on a holiday, but for sleep it was okay.

Room Tip: My room was on the site of the highway, which means lot of noise with the window open. With the window closed you hear almost nothing.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Lise L, Manager at Campanile Amersfoort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

A justified critical note; a renewal is indeed necessary. Fortunately, the chain is working on this. Thank you for appreciating our staff!

Hopefully we can welcome you again

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We spent 1 night at this hotel and we’ve been charged twice. Once by booking and a second time by the hotel (which should not have happened). Since then, we called the hotel twice. The first time, they said they would call us back the next day: nothing. The second call, they said they’ll send an email in the afternoon, once again, nothing.
This is a real scam. 2x92€, for a very bad night...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Lise L, Manager at Campanile Amersfoort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time reviewing your stay at Campanile Hotel Amersfoort. I am very sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet the expectations. Since the feedback in your review we would really like to solve this issue for you, could you please send an e-mail to manager.amersfoort@campanile.com so I can look in to this for you?

I'm looking forward to any further information, for now I wish you a pleasant day!

Kind regards

General Manager Campanile Hotel Amersfoort

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Generally you know where you are with a Campanile Hotel - the same as Travel Lodge etc. Cheap, convenient, basic but clean.Plenty of hot water, full size bath This one was particularly pleasant, food in the restaurant was good. Had just stayed the night before in Campanile Dunkirk which was surprisingly poor for a Campanile (small tatty room, no hair drier, short hip bath)
Staff were friendly - but then again this is the Netherlands and not , dare I say, France

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Lise L, Directeur général at Campanile Amersfoort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we truly appreciate your kindness! We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we may welcome you back in the near future.

Have a nice evening!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

We needed a hotel near friends an opted for the Campanile. Fortunately we spent very little time here which was just as well.
Upon arrival we were checked in and the girl on the desk was very friendly and check-in was very quick.
Our first impression wasn't very good as even the public rooms looked tired and scruffy. There were lots of adverts for the restaurant etc stuck on the wall in the lift as well.
The room was small with 2 single beds with a little nighttable between them, a cupboard, desk and tea and coffee making facilites.A tv hung from the ceiling in the corner of the room.
A plus was that the windows opened which is a problem nowadays in many hotels.
The bathroom had a narrow, short but deep bath with a shower overhead and a shower curtain. When you have a bathroom this small, you're better off with a decent shower escpecially when the bath is such a strange size.
There were dispensers for bathgel but these were empty and a note in the room informed us that an amenity kit could be purchased at the reception for eur5.50.,
We did not try out the restaurant for dinner or breakfast so can't give any comments on this.
The rooms were quiet considering the hotel is situated along the A1 and they were also reasonably clean.
Next time, I would drive the few hundred metres further and stay at the Van der Valk Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Lise L, General Manager at Campanile Amersfoort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Campanile Hotel Amersfoort. We truly value your opinion and we apologize for the fact that your experience with us did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our number one mission. Therefore we have addressed the comments mentioned in your review. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed. Your review will help us to improve our service in the future and for that we would like to thank you.

If you decide to come back to our hotel I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please do not hesitate to ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Genera Manager
Campanile Hotel Amersfoort

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Our stay, or better: that of my spouse was indicated by my hospitalization for surgery. Since the hospital is 120 km from my home it deemed better to arrange a hotel for my spouse so she could frequently visit me in the hospital. Originally, we booked for six nights, but due to post-surgery complications that had to be extended. The hotel's staff was ultra-cooperative and offered rates under the exact same conditions as the original reservation. How about that for customer satisfaction?! The hotel is comfortable, accessible and also popular with larger Asian tourist groups travelling by bus and staying for just one night. The large groups could in theory cause some disturbances, but the staff is well trained in dealing with this and nothing leads to noisy situations. This is a hotel worth a compliment. For the hotel itself, but especially for its staff. Campanille: well done!

Room Tip: Quiet location. Any room will do just fine.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Sjoerd H, Assistent Hotel Manager at Campanile Amersfoort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Rudy,

Thank you for taking the trouble to rate the Campanile Amersfoort. We appreciate your opinion and would like to thank you for your positive words. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the hotel!

Team Campanile Amersfoort.