“Good atmosphere, good food”

Urban Frenchy Bistro Toujours
Reserve with
Urban Frenchy Bistro Toujours is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 382 Restaurants in Haarlem
Price range: USD 0 - USD 46
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic urban Frenchy bistro offering great French wines at surprisingly affordable prices, lobsters, dry aged beef and oysters.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I like the atmosphere here, with different sections where you can sit (booth, regular table, or a little “house”). We were not blown away by the food, but it was enjoyable!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I arrived in Haarlem on a rainy day. I was looking for a place to have dinner around the centre. I passed by a few places around the Old Market and saw this. I liked the bright and modern design and decided to eat there. Probably because of the weather and it's Monday, and also a bit early, this bistro was practically empty. The staff (a young lady) was very polite and friendly. I ordered a cocktail, then baked seabream. Service was good and food was delicious. Prices were moderate. If I am in Haarlem next time, I would like to return there.
Recommended.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We arrived in Haarlem earlier in the day after a long flight from the States, wandering around the Grote Markt, still trying to get our bearings in a jet-lagged stupor when we stumbled upon this location. Though we happened to arrive in between the lunch and dinner transition, we were welcomed by the host and made to feel very comfortable. The atmosphere was classy, clean and comfortable. A number of small plates and several drinks later, and we were ready to shake off the fatigue and officially start our vacation in the Netherlands. What a great introduction to the town!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Recently visited this cozy frenchy bistro with a friend and my dog (yes, it is dog friendly!).
Staff is very knowledgeable, polite and welcoming. Menu is simplified, yet sophisticated, it is designed to satisfy meat, fish and veggie lovers.
We had just a few of their dishes and I can honestly say I haven't had a better lobster bisque in The Netherlands so far.
We were too busy indulging to take pics too, bit but dessert we managed to remember our phones and snapped the key lime pie and Oreo cheesecake.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We looked on Trip Advisor and decided on Toujours. It was lunch time and the place was packed. We had to wait a short 15 minutes and had a nice table in the back of the restaurant. We ordered oysters, chicken wings, shrimp in butter and herbs (Gamba Cocotte) and a couple of salads, fries.

The food is tasty and was promptly served even though the place was packed. The oysters were fresh with a nice mignonette.

The food is good, I wish I could give it a 5 but nothing stood out.

I think Toujours is definitely worth a visit when in Haarlem