“Crowded but not worth a visit”

WOODSTONE Pizza and Wine Haarlem
Ranked #65 of 382 Restaurants in Haarlem
Price range: USD 3 - USD 22
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: WOODSTONE Pizza and Wine is a hip and stylish take on the gourmet pizza restaurant. The menu offers an enormous variety of pizza, pasta and salads, all with unexpected but delicious combinations and all made with fresh ingredients from the open kitchen. All types of diet are catered for including vegetarian, low-calorie and gluten free. WOODSTONE is open for lunch and dinner 7 days per week.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This was my brother's idea to visit this place cos they serve vegan pizza as well as traditional ones and others so as he promised all of our group of 3 would be satisfied.
The place was busy so we had to wait for the table for about 20 minutes (they promised us 10). Therefore it is recommendable to book the table in advance if You plan to dine there in busy evening hours. I enjoyed their system of calling when the table is free. We avoided that embarrassing staring at the eaters' tables with the hope the would finish soon. They also promised to adapt the dishes to my allergic demands with as they said "no problem".
After we finally got the table the first thing that I noticed in plus was the service. The waiters were quick and helpful partly due to smart online ordering system which enabled them to modify the ingredients in the dishes. However, tasting the dishes wasn't so positive experience.
In fact my brother with his vegan pizza was the most satisfied of us. My spouse compared his pizza to the one he usually orders in our hometown pizza restaurants with great disappointment. The base was dry and tough the same as toppings. As it comest to my "special" order I just asked for a salad without those ingredients that make me ill. The waiter assured me it would include vegan feta but it didn't. Instead I received a not big bowl of green leaves with a few grilled veggies on the top. Unfortunately all was covered with such an amount of poor quality oil that the dish was uneatable! Who likes drinking oil? After I reclaimed this, they prepared another one, but even smaller (despite my request for adding more of ingredients I could eat instead of those allergic ones; of course the answer was "no problem"!).
To sum up I do not really understand why this place is so popular?! The food is not of the best quality, the service is kind but ineffective when it comes to orders. Moreover it is noisy and crowded. Not recommendable at all!

Wood S, Public Relations Manager at WOODSTONE Pizza and Wine Haarlem, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear mrsMaus, thank you for your review. We always welcome feedback as this helps us to constantly assess and improve. Thanks for your compliments about our waiting staff, we are really proud of our team in Haarlem. Good to hear your brother enjoyed his vegan pizza, we actually won the PETA award for best vegan pizza 2017 (don't mean to show off -- we're just really proud ;)).

We find it really important to be able to help people with allergies, and to try and give them the possibility to eat out without worrying about what they have to eat/order. We were really pleased to hear that the waiters were so accomodating with your requests, but we were very sorry to hear that the dish that was made for you did not meet your expectations. It's always difficult in such a busy restaurant to go off menu, but this is something that we can improve on. We would also want to apologize for the fact that your waiter assured you would get vegan feta. This is a mistake on their part as we do not have vegan feta at this moment in our assortment.

Your review has been sent to the executive chef and the restaurantmanager so that we can implement it in our training. We hope to see you, and your family again soon, so that we can WOW you with during next visit ;) Kind regards, WOODSTONE Support Office

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Came here with my nephew's as it is located in an exciting happening hub 5 minutes from the groote markt. It's a fashionable resteraunt that brings in haarlems finest. They adapted the menu to fit me and my nephew's taste buds......I will defo be back.....the staff also are very friendly and helpful!!!!

1  Thank JazzJupe
Wood S, Public Relations Manager at WOODSTONE Pizza and Wine Haarlem, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Hi JazzJupe, thank you for the feedback and all the compliments! We're very glad to read that you enjoyed the variety of the menu and all of the unique flavors that it offers. Hopefully we'll see you again soon. Yours sincerely, WOODSTONE Support Office.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Found this online as mum was coeliac and a review recommended it. It was not great. You pay for pizza plus an extra charge for gf base. Staff could have been a bit more pleasant. I've had better pizza from a takeaway place although the fire ovens were cool to see. Overpriced and under whelming.

Wood S, Public Relations Manager at WOODSTONE Pizza and Wine Haarlem, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Hi Niamh,
We are so sorry to hear that your visit to WOODSTONE wasn't up to our usual standard. We pride ourselves on our gluten free dishes and protocol so it is not good to hear that it didn't go as planned the evening of your visit.
If you would be so kind as to email us with more details, we can then figure out where we went wrong and how we can prevent this in the future.
yours sincerely,
WOODSTONE support office

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Friendly service, nice atmosphere, tasty food and delivered on time, not unreasonably priced. Actually, a good place to go for a light evening meal.

Wood S, Public Relations Manager at WOODSTONE Pizza and Wine Haarlem, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback and compliments Joel019.
Just the way we intent our WOODSTONE experience to be, even for a light evening meal or not ;-)
Hope to see you another time again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Busy even during the week, pizzas are nice and selection is big. Minus comes from menu, it is only in tablet, and hard to read four people at the same time.

Wood S, Public Relations Manager at WOODSTONE Pizza and Wine Haarlem, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback and compliments kedekede.
Every restaurant has 2 tablets with an English menu and otherwise there is also the possibility to check our English menu on our website while using our free wifi. Maybe an idea for next time so hope to see you then