All reviews new wing comfort room free parking newer part the bus smoked salmon large bathroom city centre separate toilet twin beds an upgrade breakfast buffet great room excellent hotel the ground floor schiphol airport croissants
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I am a big Van der Valk fan. I stay with them often and eat with them a lot! My favourite is still the applesauce with a cherry on top! Anyway last year we lunched at the Van der Valk in Haarlem. Unfortunately the lunch was disappointing. I sent them an email with my complaint. I was always told that a complaint is a way for a company to improve their services. I received an email saying they were upset to hear that I had a less experience and offered me to come back and eat at their cost. So we did, yesterday we enjoyed a brunch in their restaurant. It was lovely! Thank you to the staff and all for the great service. I must admit Van der Valk takes their complaints seriously.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

WE are stranded here for one night because we didnt catch our flight. We Dame Up to the reception and the hotel ist totales under cunstruction. Although er were told by KLM that we get a small pack here with toothbrush and so on, WE didnt get anything!!! So lets See if they have a brush for the toilets.... Nice Service ..(ironic)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Excellent breakfast with large choice. Free parking but not securised

We were coerced into paying an extra 15 € for an upgrade as the room which we had booked was in the old section which was being renovated. The entrance to the the hotel is through a dark entrance and one has to take the lift to the reception on the floor above.

Hotel is situated some distance from the city centre on a commercial estate.

Room Tip: It appears that it would be wiser to take a supériorité room, at least whilst the renovations are in progress
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Room furnishings were average. Seemed clean enough. Shower wouldn't drain. We told the front desk and the next morning, they obviously attempted to clear the drain but it still didn't drain fast enough to have one shower without overflowing. The down button at the elevators didn't work. We had to push up and once the elevator came, select a lower floor. The staff were quite nice. The breakfast was great. The location was okay; not that close to Haarlem center and sort of far from the train to Amsterdam. For four-star pricing, I definitely do not recommend.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
FOMVDVH, Front Office Manager at Van der Valk Hotel Haarlem, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear mr/mrs,

Thank you for your review.

On behalf of our general manager, we would like to get in touch with you. We would like to discuss the things you have experienced during your stay. If you are open for contact, please send you email adress and telephone number to our front desk. Our email adres is info@haarlem.valk.nl

Hope to hear from you.

With kind regards,
Van der Valk hotel Haarlem

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

It is just about an ok hotel. Nothing great about it. The rooms have old and worn out look to them.
The staff was good as such but the rooms were not properly cleaned everyday which is such a let down when you come back after a long tiring day.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family