“Excellent atmosphere and food”
Review of Specktakel

Specktakel
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Specktakel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 391 Restaurants in Haarlem
Price range: USD 17 - USD 66
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: At Specktakel we work with the best ingredients from all over the world with a born understanding of combining flavours of food & wine. Here there is no such thing as eating silently, not just by the volume of laughter and enjoyment brought on by the company at the table, but more so by the food and wine that is being enjoyed. Its colours, aromas, and flavours, so simple together creating a wonderful feast to talk about…Let us guide you how to enjoy the flavours and atmosphere in our world of food & wine....
Reviewed 31 August 2018

The place is vivid, service is good, although I considered it a little slow. Food is good and there are unusual choices to spoil you. I had the crocodile to start with and kangoeroe for mains. Both dishes were tasty, well presented and just enough. For afters I had the crema catalana, which I found excellent although not my type of desert. I am more of a chocolate freak. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This place was amazing. For a big birthday coming up in few year I had wanted to go to a Michelin star restaurant in London, these plans have been scrapped as I want to come back here!
It is the best meal I have ever eaten and so good value. I had the Japanese street food, followed by Swordfish (cooked to perfection) and churros. They all looked and tasted amazing.
My husband had meatballs and kangaroo which he absolutely loved, even though there was a few things on his plate he wouldn’t usually eat, he cleared his plates.
My teenage daughters struggled a little with the food so one same suggestion would maybe have a discreet option on chips for them?!

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Fabulous 5 course dinner. We had the courses matched with world wines chosen by the chef and sommelier which were all excellent. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

We made a reservation only on the day of our visit, having just arrived in Haarlem and done a quick TripAdvisor search. We were given a table in the airy and pleasant courtyard.
The three course deal at 35E is a no-brainer, as it costs the same as two a la carte courses. It's good value. They also do decent wines by the glass.
Service is brisk but friendly and obliging. Pacing was good - we never felt rushed, but never sat for ages wondering where our next food was!
The menu is intriguing, with influences from all over the globe. I started with crab beignets, which had good flavour but could have been lighter - and oh to have a dish that doesn't have balsamic vinegar! My husband's Vietnamese summer rolls found favour - I sneaked a taste and they were indeed delicious.
We both chose the same main course, a Greek-inspired swordfish dish, which was really fabulous. For dessert we hopped to Japan, with a green tea ice cream with little matcha tea cakes - unusual and refreshing flavours.
These are fusion dishes rather than attempting slavish authenticity, but the inspiration is clear in every one. This made for an interesting and very enjoyable experience.
Booking is really recommended, as the restaurant was busy even on a weekday evening.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner on tuesday night, it was early and not so busy. The waiter greeted us very friendly and brought us to nice terrace. They presented food very nice, my husband Love he’s menu that he selected. But I am vegetarians. They do had vegetarian options which is very good but the taste is too salty . Little bit disappointed. Then turn to desserts, is tasty I like it. We not drink wine but I seen the price is way to expensive for a glass of wine € 6. Anyway overall is good. We enjoying our dinner !