If you are after a stunning location just outside Amsterdam with a very luxurious villa then this is the place for you.
We celebrated a 40th birthday there and we couldn't picked a better place.
You can get there by train, bus or taxi. I'll recommend the bus as it's only a 30 minutes ride and works out quite cheap if you get a pass for the duration of your stay.
The downstairs is finished to a very high standard with all you need from a very spacious kitchen to a relaxing/chilling room to a hot tub, pool table and a 80" projector screen paired to a very impressive Bose sound system.
The bedrooms are located upstairs and are very spacious.
The villa was very clean and tidy and that was due to the two peolple that looked after the house, Monica and Martin.
They were both excellent and very helpful and made our stay a bit more special.
The patio is very large and com s kitted with a fire pit for those colder evenings. The swimming pool was larger than expected and very clean.
Local supermarket (Jumbo) it's only 10 minutes away and the prices are on par with Uk supermarkets.
The gentleman who owns the house is Shane and he made the booking process easy and enjoyable. We had a lovely time and we will be returning next year.
Stayed last weekend from Friday to Tuesday . Arrived early with friend who had driven from France. Monica greeted us warmly let us leave bags and was very pleasent.
Great base for either large group friends or family. Very quiet no traffic , canal on door step.
Facilities were good and we all enjpoyed ourselves soo much we will be back next year.
Martin and Monica could not have done anymore to make our stay relaxed and enjoyable.
Martin was a star even getting us food supplies when driving into town ! Star !!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|
|Large groups||People with pets|
This Place is great, Its Perfect for a large group, Its got loads of space, The rooms are clean the bathrooms are really nice and clean. All up stairs rooms are as nice as they look on the pictures. The pool table is great, and the hot tub is good, although we was told to turn it off by the cleaner, at night, so it never really got hot enough to go in it. Never went in the pool, but it looked good. the kitchen is a little used, it could do with some repairs but it was functional and clean enough. The draws where a little dirty though. There is always somebody around to help you with anything you need, they are very flexible and nice.
Here are my criticisms.
1. There was a lot of rubbish outside, large piles of bin bags and bins are full.
2. Communication over Tripadvisor isnt great through Email, It was hard to track down a phone number i had to call Tripadvisor to get it.
3. no oven trays to cook on.
4. no cleaning products like scrubs for doing the dishes.
5. communication inst great between owner and cleaner, she wasn't made aware of time of arrival
6. Flys, a lot of flys! this could be the canal as its right on the water front, or it could be the RUBBISH!!
7. Table tennis table is broken
8. football table is broken
9. basketball is flat,
10. Bushes in the garden and lawn need cutting back.
11. It also looks like parts of the interior has taken a fair bit of use and some furnishings are a bit damaged like the sofa, People not treating the place with respect.
12. not enough chairs around the kitchen table, of which 2 are broken.
other than that great place and great fun. loved the trip. Good value with a large group.
The place is really great, clean, spacious, and very quiet, suitable for a quiet trip. Amsterdam is only 30 mins away by car if you want to spend a day there.
Monique was really helpful and very friendly.
There are plenty of entertainment available, like foosball, pool table, basketball, football, etc...