“Outstanding Experience”

Ranked #150 of 4,561 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had the three course lunch set up (theere is a 4 & too) and although the pre-explaining was a bit intimidating - we allowed our waiter to guide us and place our choices almost entirely on him. The three dishes served were excellent each one on it’s right. I certainly suggest to anyone to trust your waiter and go for it. The pictures below show you the way.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Location is a bit out of the way but that makes it much more of a genuine destination for locals rather than tourists. We had the four course menu - choice of two options each course (one vegetarian)
Big emphasis on natural “rustic” ingredients. Presentation was superb and everything tasted fantastic. We opted for a chosen glass of wine with each course - big heavy on roses and light reds for me- wished I’d chosen a bottle of white. But overall superb and at €150 for two very good value for food of this calibre

Reviewed 14 September 2018

My boyfriend and I came here for dinner last night for the second time.
From start to end every dish was an exciting & interesting combination of flavors, and the plating was beautiful.
The service was excellent, our waiter was very helpful in helping us choose a wine to go with the 5 course menu.
I love that the chefs also come out to bring some of the dishes, everyone was very friendly, and the atmosphere is very relaxed.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Wow. Stayed around the corner for business ...was desperate for an escape from conference food and gave this a try. Very impressive Michelin standard cooking way beyond our expectations at very reasonable prices. Excellent, friendly but professional service and a fabulous natural wine list as well . A real treat and I will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

There's a limited choice menu at Choux, which I'm all in favour of. A choice of two dishes over three or four courses, all chosen with great care, and cooked with style and imagination, paired with interesting wines, and served by knowledgeable staff. Highlights were the anchovy/tomato/chickpea starter and the corn-base vegetarian main course. This is NOT a vegan restaurant, and serves fish, meat and dairy, but it is heavy on vegetables, so you could easily go meat-free here. They leave time between courses for you to digest the food, and I very rarely eat three courses, but here I cleared my plate! Excellent.