1,096 results
All reviews sloterdijk station external bathroom microwave oven spar shop mini kitchen train stop coffee machine nice hotel city centre five minute walk rent a bike spacious room hotel is located public transport quiet area schiphol airport nice breakfast
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

The hotel is quite far from central Amsterdam, but you can get just one train and one stop to go there. The only problem is the time to came back, if you lose the last train, it will be a bit more difficult. So if you are thinking about staying in the center until very late in the night, don't choose this hotel.
The breakfast for 7eur is too expensive, they have just bread cheese and ham. Don't pay for it.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Nelson M
Teleport_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Amsterdam Teleport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2015

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking some time to leave us a review. Feedback is very much appreciated. We try to inform our guests and show them all the options to go and get back from the city center. Maybe we forgot to mention there is a night bus every hour from around 1 am back to the hotel. Other than renting a bicycle that's the only way to get back after going out in Amsterdam. I hope it didn't spoil your experience too much and still had a great time. We try to offer good value for money with our breakfast deal. Guests can choose from a variety of fresh fruits, breads, savory and sweet toppings, cereals and during the weekend some extra special desserts. We are sad to hear this wasn't up to your expectations.

Amsterdam Teleport Hotel

Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

The staff welcome is so friendly after a full day travelling or walking from the train station soaking wet they greet everyone like they are friends - really appreciated that friendliness.

I had a single room with ensuite and it suited my needs perfectly - I didn't spend too much time in my room as I was only in Amsterdam for 3 days but the cleaners always left it looking spotless. Nothing was ever a problem, extra coffee, sugar no worries at all.

I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you want to relax just out of the madness that is Amsterdam central. Sloterdjik station is very close, bus, trams and trains run very regularly.

Thanks for a memorable stay in your beautiful city

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank justakiwig
Teleport_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Amsterdam Teleport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

Thanks for your kind words and review. We are happy you had a great time in the city and we were able to make you feel at home in our hotel. Everyone working here genuinely loves working with people and have a very social and open mindset. People in general are on a holiday so generally in a good mood, it is up to us to keep them in them in the positive flow and make sure expectations are being met during their stay. It works both ways, we try to welcome people with a smile and usually get a lot of smiles back!

We hope to welcome you here again one day!

Reviewed 19 September 2015

My husband and I arrived back from the Teleport hotel today, where we've spent the last four nights. We were in a twin-room with a separate private bathroom, overlooking the carpark. We were told upon our arrival that the building we were in, the newer one, had only been open a week. This came of great amusement to the husband and I, as back home we're living in a recently converted building also. The beds were very comfortable (I appreciated having a duvet rather than an array of sheets to struggle with) and there was no noise overnight. There was a safety deposit box (although ours decided to play up and baffled the lot of us. Thankfully the staff soon it got it fixed!) and plenty of wardrobe space. The shower was wonderful (better than my one at home for sure). We'd been left a complimentary bottle of wine in our room upon arrival, a lovely touch, and were grateful for the use of a fridge. We were slightly confused by the lack of equipment in the kitchen. Bowls, cutlery, plates, etc? You do receive a plastic fork/knife and plate with the tea and cofee, but I will admit to eating cereal with a fork the first morning.

As it's only newly opened, you expect there to be hiccups. For example, the bathroom alarms would sound most unexpectantly.You get into your own bathroom via your key card but whenever I went in, I'd close the door and off went the alarm. Over and over. I'm not sure why, but I know I wasn't the only one. Frequently you'd hear alarms going off. Also...no phones or arrival book, with information about transportation/supermarkets, etc. I tend to have most of that figured out beforehand, but it's always nice to hear a little friendly advice. I did, however, love the addition of umbrellas to borrow in the lobby. Our week in Amsterdam consisted of nothing but rain and in many of our pictures can be spotted a purple umbrella held aloft.

I have to say, however, that the staff were wonderful. Always willing to help and accommodating, offering us free breakfast when our safe played up and answering my many questions. There can be a 101 things wrong with a place (there weren't!) but if the staff are willing to make things right, you can still have a wondeful time and I'm sure that, with time and as more people visit, it'll grow. On our first day, reception didn't have a proper desk. By the day we left, they not only had a new desk but maps and information spread out, so I think they hold great promise and we would visit again.

In regards to travel information: The nearest station is Sloterdijk. It's two stops from Schiphol. Exit Solterdijk station, walk to the end of the bus park and turn right. Walk for about five minutes and you'll spot the hotel on the left. Don't worry, they have flags out. The most direct route to Centraal Station is bus 48. 20 minutes and you're there. Otherwise it's tram 12, which will take you through Amsterdam, passing the museums on to Amstel. We either got bus 48 into the centre or tram 12 to Jan van Gelenstraat and changed for tram 13/14 to get to Westermarkt (Anne Frank House) or Dam Square.

There IS a supermarket close by. You can either get the 12 tram to Haarlaamerweg (it's two stops from Sloterdijk) and the Lidl is just down a little street or you can just walk in a straight line from the hotel, wait til you get to Golden Tulip, then do a right and walk straight. There are signs. Otherwise there are Albert Heijns all over Amsterdam, so fret not.

Sorry, this is terribly long. Overall we had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lolcas
Teleport_Hotel, Front Office Manager at Amsterdam Teleport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2015

Dear guests,

Wow is the first word that comes to my mind after reading your review. It doesn't happen that guests take so much time to share their experience in so much detail. Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback. This kind of information is very much appreciated as it gives us an idea if we are on the right track and on what areas we can still improve. There is not a week passing by that someone in the team comes up with a good idea which we try to implement right away. This is one of the things I like personally when working here. Everyone has a voice and good ideas are valued and appreciated. Good ideas don't always come by themselves and very often guests were valuable source of information. There is a positive energy flowing through the team and hotel that makes it possible to keep up the positive and helpful attitude where both guests and workers in general feel at home. We will try to keep up and continue our way of working and communicating with people. I am sure if you decide to come back many positive changes have been made to further improve the experience of staying with us. As we speak I already heard co workers working on map that we can give to guests upon arrival with useful information like nearby supermarkets. This will hopefully make the checkin procedure a bit more efficient. Thanks again for staying with us and we are very happy to hear you had a great time.

Teleport hotel team

Reviewed 18 September 2015

The hotel is great! The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would defenitly recommend it to anyone who wants to avoid staying in a noisy area. It is close to Sloterdijk station 5-7 min walk. The room was big and clean.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thanks for writing us a nice review. This location does come with a lot of benefits as it has good connectivity with both the airport, trainstation, highway and the city center of Amsterdam of course and indeed during the night in general is very quiet. For most guests a nice relief after a hectic day in dowtown Amsterdam. A place where you can relax and recharge for another day of exploration or other activities! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope to see you again one day.

Teleport Hotel team

Reviewed 17 September 2015

Nice, newer hotel. Good breakfast that was included in our booking! There is a private bathroom, but it is down the hall from your room. Our room overlooked a bike path. The hotel is a short walk from the metro station. If you are visiting as a tourist, be aware that you will have to take the train to Amsterdam. Also, there are not any grocery stores nearby. Overall, everyone was very friendly and the hotel was a good value.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thanks for leaving us a nice review. We do try our best as a team to be as helpful as we can. Helping people out with the latest tips for events or sightseeing spots or just by ordering a pizza after a long day of exploring the city or travelings. We try to make every guest at home and trying to be sincerely nice to people is in general good for the overal vibe we believe! It is true that the hotel is almost 2km from the nearest big supermarkt, although there are smaller shops at the train station nearby. This location comes with a lot of benefits as it has good connectivity with both the airport, trainstation, highway and the city center of Amsterdam of course. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope to see you again one day.

Teleport Hotel team