“Middle East mix & match”
Review of De Hummus House

De Hummus House
Ranked #205 of 4,591 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

This place offers a friendly atmosphere where service is friendly and professional. We choose a selection of dishes and drinks, like hummus, toasted pita bread, hummus with aubergine, shakshuka, some Turkish coffee and home made lemonade. All tasted great and original, freshly made and served in good quantity.

I highly recommend :)

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I loved the idea and the portions are more than enough. However, the atmosphere as being aspired by the people working there did not enchant me at all. The two employees did not change a single word and it felt all a bit boring. As often the problem with restaurants and bars in Amsterdam, also here nobody spoke Dutch and there was a general feeling of desinterest. It is a shame that even the taste of the houmous itself was so-so. You can skip this place.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I don’t know how to start because I’m still drooling over this place. I would give Hummus House a 10 out of 5 if I could but #math. Literally so good, delicious, the most fluffy pita! Sad they were out of eggplant but I tried the mushrooms instead and I think I found god again. I would go there everyday if I could. I want to open my own franchise of this place right now. I’m picky, this was amazing. I can’t stop thinking about it. GO THERE!!! Stop what you’re doing and go there now!!!

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We went there with 5 people. We made a reservation shortly before, which is recommended for groups as the place is quite small.
We had the aubergine, shakshuka, potatoes and hummus plates. Everything was fresh, delicious, portions sizes were adequate and the service was great too! To top it off, prices are reasonable for Amsterdam as well. Recommended!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Everything is FRESH and DELICIOUS. Don’t miss it! The location is nice and small, the kitchen is in front in the table and you can see what they are cooking.