“The place 4me ”

The Seafood Bar Spui
Ranked #100 of 4,516 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Our restaurant is currently under construction and will reopen around November 2017. In the mean time, we look forward welcoming you in our other two Seafood Bars.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Must confess I am addicted to seafood, and this place is one of the best places I’ve ever been. Great services with so so so many really fresh fishes crabs mussels etc, with totally normal price range. I suggest to book for the evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,643)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the place where one can try the best Dutch (and not only Dutch) seafood. A must try's are: fruits de mer (seafood plate), lobster soup, oysters. Desserts are good here, too. On busy days the service can be a bit forgetful. I visited this place several times, with friends and family. It is a bit pricey but definitely worth every cent.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I am always sceptical about seafood platters - they always look good but are always expensive and you always end up with a lot more shell than fish. This Amsterdam institution is a most impressive exception to the rule. I stopped by for a light lunch and so enjoyed it that my wife and I returned a couple of nights later, where we ordered the combination platter which turned out to be huge, featuring about a dozen different forms of crustacean -- including lobster -- as well as oysters, the best mussels I have encountered, fish and so on. Yes, the shells filled three buckets but there was so much actual food that we couldn't quite finish it. I also had a superb fish soup on both visits. The platter cost about 70 euros which, for two, was very acceptable value.The service is friendly and efficient, the ambience lively and the wine list diverse and well-priced -- in short, I couldn't find anything to criticise negatively. So no wonder the dude on the outdoor entrance seemed to be perpetually busy dealing with would-be customers trying to get a table on spec without having booked.

1  Thank Ron R
Reviewed 15 August 2018

I’ve been living in Amsterdam since November 2017 and this has been my weekly go-to place for seafood and fresh fish ever since. The food is always fresh and very tasty, incredibly well presented. Also the staff is always helpful and polite, even though you can see that they are working on a very fast pace due to the very high footfall. I always enjoy taking friends and family here when they visit because you just can’t go wrong with anything. Congratulations to the management.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank TibiSebastian
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Great seafood menu and variation for all tastes (cold and hot food). If anything is not clear ask the staff or use goggle pictures to show what you like to eat.Recommendation: Asian style mussel (with coconut milk) and combination menu (cold and mixed grilled seafood)

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant