“A little retro”

and 1 more site!
Royal Taste Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #215 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Reception is the bar. which is quite cool if its not busy. close to all the cafes and restaurants. Rooms are clean. the stairs are steep and narrow, shared bathroom as i was on top floor. but its reasonably priced and clean what more can a person ask for.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on top floor
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 May 2017

A perfect location to explore Amsterdam, situated on the busy Red Light Area, with a fantastic selections of cafe's, bars, restaurants, coffee shops, pastry shops and supermarkets close by. All major attractions within walking distance.
Check in was smooth with the offer of assistance with my luggage to my single/twin room. I was up 4 lots of stairs, which were not as steep as a lot of the stairs in Amsterdam.
The room was lovely large and clean with a real cosy feel. A small fridge, a TV (Deposit needed for the remote), plenty of wardrobe space and hangers, a small bathroom with a large (hot) shower, which was perfect after a day of exploring the City. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in in Amsterdam and there was radiators with controls in the room. My only disappointment was that I had no view. A small window high up in the corner was all I had. This also meant that I avoided the noise of the Red Light night life, which was a positive. But I would also like to experience a canal view next time, would be a great place to people watch.
I am a woman who travels on my own, so it is important that I feel safe where ever I stay. The security was great, keys had to be handed in when you left and then picked up on the way back, when you would be buzzed through the door leading to the rooms.
The staff were friendly and offered information about the area.
I will definitely return to this hotel on my next visit to my favorite City.

Room Tip: I was in room 6 and it was very quiet, I stayed for 3 night and slept like a log.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Rita R
Reviewed 5 January 2017

We booked this hotel for New Year, The price was definitely reasonable for the location (right in the middle of Red Light District).
I had requested we have a room with a private bathroom and also if possible a view on to the red light district as we are just a young couple and weren't bothered about thew noise etc.

The room was a great size, bigger than the rooms in chain hotels. It was super clean, I literally could not complain about the hygiene of the room or the hotel at all.

The view on New years eve with the fireworks etc out of the big windows was out of this world. After we saw the new year come in we went up to our room and i lay on the bed with the big window doors open and watched the rest of the fireworks.

The staff were lovely and helpful and i would most definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: If you dont mind the noise then ask for the double room with private bathroom and view of red light...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Amy R
Reviewed 21 December 2016

If you want a taste of the nightlife in the Red Light District of Amsterdam and the comfort of just heading directly to your bed, this is the place to be. For the price you pay, the hotel room is decent. There is a bar located on the ground floor which also serves as the reception. You can just chill out and bask in the interesting nightlife going on around you.

Note that there is no lift and the staircase to the hotel room is pretty narrow so this location is recommended more for backpackers than tourists with ultra large heavy luggage.

Also being in the middle of the RLD, it gets pretty noisy at night.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

If carlsberg done hotels this would be it great location lovely staff 5 stars would highly recommend ... I can't wait to go back ... Rooms ideal very clean and tidy... I'd imagine in time to come the cost of this hotel will go up I hope not

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends