4,374 results
All reviews free mini bar wellness centre shipping house superior deluxe room shipping company restocked daily central station steam room trouser press nespresso machine spa area separate shower city view the red light district unique hotel remote control hotel bar
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Situated in a historic shipping house it looks more like a castle. It is close to the Central station and to the cruise terminal. It is also a short walk to the red light district of the old town
The reception area is small and can be slow. Staff are friendly and helpful.
Rooms are large and our room overlooked the canal. It was still quiet.
The breakfast is expensive at 25 euros each.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert H
Amrath A, General Manager at Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2016

Dear Robert H,

Thank you so much for your review, it is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed staying in a historic environment as you lovingly call a castle!

I regret that you found our reception area small and at times slow, we try our best everyday to provide our guests with five star hospitality. I'm also sorry that you found the value of the breakfast not corresponding with the price.

I do hope that regardless you still had a wonderful stay with us!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We were pleased with the free mini bar,coffee machine,spa and comfortable beds.We were even more impressed when we found an exhibition at the museum of modern art showcasing the hotel or shipping office as it was prior to 2007.It was in an excellent position close to the railway station and tram station.The hotel food was well cooked although the menu was uninspired but there are excellent restaurants within easy walking distance.Good base for a city break.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn H

Dear Annasmam,

Thank you for your beautiful words about Grand Hotel Amrâth Amsterdam. It is our passion to give our guests an unforgettable experience, good to hear we managed to do this once more.

With pleasure we are reading your review on TripAdvisor. Thank you very much for this feedback! Through small details we try to give every guest an unforgettable experience. We are looking forward to welcome you back in Grand Hotel Amrâth Amsterdam. For your next stay you can book us either via email; reservations@amrathamsterdam.com or via our website. You will always get the best prices and the most complete information about Grand Hotel Amrâth Amsterdam and the surrounding area.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

I just spent four nights in this hotel. Great location. But... My room was never serviced... Curtains in the room were hanging from the rod... Concierge never followed through on getting us the information he promised. Breakfast- no service at all - get your own coffee at the buffet no one checks on you ever !! For a hotel asking such a high price I recommend stepping it up.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret G
Amrath A, General Manager at Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear Margaret G,

I sincerely regret to learn that your stay with us here at The Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam left a lot to be desired for. While I am grateful for your input on what we could have done better, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced such as the lack of Housekeeping, defect curtains and inconsistent concierge service.
I also regret to hear about your experience with our breakfast service, or rather lack there off. I will discuss these important matters brought up in your review with the Housekeeping Manager and the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure that no other guests share your experience in this. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Should you want to further discuss this, please feel free to contact us at guestrelations@amrathamsterdam.com

Reviewed 7 August 2016

It is a hotel with lots of history, but not exactly my style. Helpful front desk personnel, but the biggest issue was that in July the weather is hot and there is no A/C in the rooms and they can get very hot especially during the day. The only way of sleeping is with the fans they have available. Breakfasts are very good but be careful if you visit this hotel in summer.

Room Tip: We had to upgrade to a suite because they are higher and have more windows and high ceilings which helped with the no A/C issue
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear BLL25,

Thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated! It is really nice to hear that you found the front desk personnel helpful and the breakfast served very good!

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by the lack of airconditioning, we do equip over a climate control system however this is a less powerful system compared to an airconditioning. I understand from your comment that a fan has been placed in your room to make your more comfortable, which I hope it accomplished.

I do hope that regardless you had a wonderful stay in Amsterdam and that we can welcome you back in the future!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

We checked in 5days ago. We arrived at the hotel at 3:30pm, to be told that our room was not clean yet so we said ok. They held our bags, we strolled around the city and arrived back to the hotel at 7pm. They said our room was still not clean so they will give us free cocktails at the restaurant. We proceeded to the restaurant, they took our order for 2 glasses of wine and 45mins later we were still waiting for the wine. 1 HR later our room was ready at 8pm but we still never received the wine. We request to speak to a manager, no manager was ever available according to the staff. That was just our first day and the service continued to be terrible the entire 5days. They do not change the sheets on the beds each day. When you order room service if you ever get someone on the phone, they take atleast 2hours to bring the food but most of the time no one answers the phone until maybe 5 or 6 calls. When you put the dirty dishes in the hallway, they are left there for atleast 24hours. The hotel room is beautiful as we were in the penthouse suite but the service leaves a lot to be desired.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trisha B

Dear Trisha B,

Thank you for sharing your valuable input with us, we always appreciate when our guests share their comments and bring the matters we can improve on to our attention!
I am very sorry to hear that our service here at The Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam left such a disappointing impression on you, especially as many of our other guests find our service one of the best aspects of our establishment. I regret to hear that your room was not ready well over check in time and that the wine your were promised complimentary was not brought to you. Regarding your comment on the room service and Housekeeping linnen change, I will discuss these matters with the departments involved.
It pains me to read that you encountered these issues during your stay as it is not in line with the 5 star level service that we aim to provide here at The Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam and I want to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you because of this.
I would like to further discuss this matter with you if you would be willing, please feel free to contact us via guestrelations@amrathamsterdam.com