1,932 results
All reviews hampshire hotel great location mini bar frosted glass nice hotel flower market amstel river junior suite bars and restaurants central location tram stop red light district concierge nightlife stops europe
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I stayed here two nights while traveling for work. The hotel has a nice location and service. The bedroom was comfortable with a pretty bathroom (although the shower could be improved). I would recommend for a short stay in the area, it's perfect to explore the center of Amsterdam.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
P S, Manager at Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear guest,

We are happy to read that you had a great stay with us! We are delighted to read your comments; particularly your thoughts on the service you received during your stay. Our team is always at your service to assist you with any future requests.

Kind regards, Patricia

Reviewed 9 November 2017

From check in to check out a nice experience. Very friendly and polite staff. A free ‘upgrade’ (I don’t know from what to what) put me in a ‘just right’ sized room. The soft pillows I requested online were plentiful. The bed was, with no qualifications, soft and comfortable. The 3rd floor room was virtually silent despite a cacophony in the street below. The bathroom is modern and very well appointed. My only complaint, and this is a biggie, is about the hot water and sink drainage. I could not draw any hot water to the sink (I let it run for a full 6 minutes) without turning on the shower. Shower off? Hot water off! Also the sink had great trouble draining. However, I did manage a shave and a hot shower without having to call engineering. All in all, I got much more than I expected and a very good nights sleep.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampshire Hotels
Reviewed 31 October 2017

My son and I stayed for two nights recently and had a very good experience here. The Hotel is well located with the boat stop for the tours outside one door on the canal and you are right beside lots of restaurants and the tram line. Hotel rooms were spacious, clean and modern, we didnt have breakfast in the hotel. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and the Concierge was really great in helping us plan the best use of our days. He also recommended restaurants all of which were good, The high point of the hotel was the Concierge service the only low point the barman who emptied the end of a bottle of wine into a glass which was only half what it should have been and tried to tell me it was a full measure! When I protested he laughed and poured wine from another bottle in to top it up! Not sure where he was trained,,,?

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Macfamilyd4
Reviewed 20 October 2017

The hotel has a great location on the square and sufficient room space. Beds are very comfortable. The side night tables could be larger and further towards the bed. Also, bathrooms have glass doors without lock which is not very convenient and sometimes facing bed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampshire Hotels
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Dated furnishings are one thing but nothing seemed to work in this hotel. First the key card, then power and then a failure to make-up the room even though no privacy sign or room occupancy was at fault. When the latter was pointed out, the question was whether fresh towels would be sufficient. They were, but perhaps the dirty ones could have been removed. It isn't actually on Rembrandt Square, which is noisy and full of drunks anyway so leaving a window open for air isn't an option.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Rod H
P S, Manager at Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Rod H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to read we did not meet your expectations. We are constantly trying to improve our service and standards. We do hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting us in the future, so we can show you we can meet your expectations.

Kind regards, Patricia