“Fun and informative way to see the city of Amsterdam!”
Review of That Dam Guide

That Dam Guide
Ranked #1 of 503 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group size tours, 10 people max. Book your place online using our website. City / Red Light District Walking Tours, Tulips / Windmills / Cheese Minivan Day Trips in English. We love this city and can't get enough of it and it's inspiring history, quirky facts, hidden places & feisty inhabitants. Come along on a tour and give us the chance to make Amsterdam as special for you too!
Reviewed 16 October 2018

My family and I did a private walking tour with Mark on our recent visit to Amsterdam. What a great introduction to such a fun city! Mark gave us the historical perspective, as well as a current perspective, about life in the city and various fun things to know. We really appreciated his willingness to orient us to everything that Amsterdam has to offer. We ended our tour at a local beer bar (Proefokal Arendsnest I believe?) which was awesome. We will absolutely recommend Mark and the That Dam Guide team for friends heading to Amsterdam in the future. Mark, you're the best and we really appreciated your time with us!

Mark L, Owner at That Dam Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Hi, good to hear you liked the Arendsnest, what a selection they have! It was a pleasure showing you all around and thanks so much for saying nice things here!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,968)
All reviews
"working windmill"
in 38 reviews
"private walking tour"
in 22 reviews
"three hour walking tour"
in 20 reviews
"sex workers"
in 28 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 40 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 49 reviews
"great overview"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Cannot say enough about how excellent Mark is as a tour guide. This is the best way to get to know the city and its rich history and culture. Our time exlporing the city with him was a highlight of our visit to Amsterdam. Outstanding!

Hi Cindy, today's tour was exactly why I love this job so much, interesting discussions about Amsterdam in a friendly small group. Thanks for saying such nice things here on Tripadvisor too!

Reviewed 15 October 2018

My 75 year old Mom and I enjoyed a 3 hour tour with Mark in late September. The pace was perfect (not too slow; not too fast) - plus we stopped for a coffee/beer/sit down break. Mark was an excellent guide! Funny, informative, and all around personable gent. We learned a great deal and picked up some fine pointers for the remainder of our trip. I recommend doing this type of tour near the beginning of your trip to get a lay of the land. Definitely go with the SMALL group tour!

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Lee was a knowledgeable and wonderful guide through the city. We went on our first day in Amsterdam and feel like we have a great sense of the city layout. We learned interesting history and Lee entertained us with great stories about the history and character of the city. She also gave us great recommendations for the rest of our trip and we will have to stop by the Cat Museum!!