All reviews the red light district central station clean ensuite floating chinese restaurant minute walk happily stay again attic room would stay here again coffee making facilities a stones throw nice hotel perfect location an early flight small fridge great city breakfast room third floor
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Went here a little apprehensive as it was such good price and we were pleasantly surprised. Friendly staff, clean hotel, great room, clean bathrooms, comfy bed and a good location (if you are a bit of a walker).

Would stay here again without a doubt and recommend to a friend also.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour facing room
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a great location 5 minutes walk to central station and just round the corner from all the main shops restaurants and the red Light district o would stay here again my room is clean and all we need is in it

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 21 November 2016

One word - DON'T

Do you want to turn up in a country to be told that they have double booked your room and you have to stay in their sister hotel 'Ibis styles' which is a 25 minute drive out of the centre of Amsterdam? Then this is the place for you!

I payed for 2 nights with breakfast 12th November - 14th November as a surprise for my boyfriends 21st birthday.

We walked in to the lobby of the hotel to be greeted with the words 'booked up'. I booked this hotel back in august, how was it possibly booked up?! The horrible rude man behind the desk said 'booked up, we have put you in our sister hotel'. After argueing with him and refusing to travel 25 minutes by car to get to all the attractions that Amsterdam has to offer, all he had to say was 'this is Amsterdam, this happens all of the time, this is now your problem'.

MY PROBLEM?!

The man went on to say that they had already double booked 2 other guests rooms, so I do wonder if they ever took their deal. We did not.

I demanded to speak to the manager, who apparently was 'at the sister hotel and if I want to speak to him, I must go to that hotel'. Rude. The manager spoke on the phone to the receptionists but refused to speak to me? He said that he will be around the following day if I want to speak to him, but he is not sure as he is apparently very busy. Shocking and disgusting.

If you're reading this, find another hotel because the chances of you actually getting a room here are very slim. Thankfully I booked through expedia who managed to get us a 5 star deluxe king sized bed room with breakfast included at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam (2 canals away from dam square) - I would go here if I was you.

When discussing the situation with the receptionist, he said all he can do is give us 13 EURO COMPENSATION AND A TAXI RIDE ONLY TO THE OTHER HOTEL.

No transport passes seeing as the hotel was miles away, no upgrade, no apology, NO NOTHING!

This hotel is an absolute joke, and I would hate for anyone to go through what we did. At one point we was looking at being on the street. The ibis styles that they tried to get us to go to was so dingy, small and dirty looking because we passed it on the way to the Hotel Mansion.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE WHATEVER YOU DO!!!!

Stay at the Radisson Blu, its more central, more luxurious and far better service.

Rude staff, shocking service, absolute joke.

I await your reply....

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Mia L
Reviewed 16 November 2016

A typical hotel that has been renovated into a boutique style of accommodation. Very typical to the point where the bedrooms and bathrooms are small, but serve a purpose.
The rooms were clean as was the bathroom, and were decorated to a nice standard.
The bed was comfortable, and the linen clean.
No Nespresso machine in the room as advertised, but a kettle which was workable. However, only two sachets of coffee and no creamer is pretty poor for a hotel of this standard.

The location was perfect, and only a 10 minute walk from Central Station and next to a nice bar, the Pollux Cafe.

The main problem with hotel is noise. No doors have soft closing, so they are shut with a bang, as are the wardrobes. This would not be a problem, but with the hotel full and guests leaving and checking in at all times, the noise was unbearable - people shouting, talking loudly, doors slamming etc etc. In the hundreds of hotels I have stayed this happened to be the worst. As a heavy sleeper, this would normally not bother me, but the noise woke me throughout the night during the 3 night break. The walls are paper thin which also added to the problem. I have always been brought up to respect others, and moving about at 3/4/5am, people should respect that people are asleep.

If you are after a quiet hotel, I would suggest looking elsewhere as for the price, there are better and quieter hotels for the money.

Room Tip: Bring some earplugs!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NWMale12345
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Me and my girlfriend stopped here this weekend and the hotel is in a great location, the rooms are clean and nice and cosy, not the biggest but big enough. Clean en-suite with modern shower, sinks etc. Im not sure if we had the short straw in room 304 but our bed wasnt that comfy (reading other reviews this didnt seem to be the case) WIFI great signal. Would recommend

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple