I got 3 emails from the owner BEFORE staying in their hotel. 1 confirmation, then i wrote back asking about parking facility, they gave a extensive email answer regarding the whole transport system in Amsterdam, and at last they sent me a re-confirmation email about my reservation. This gesture let me feel their warm welcome before going to Amsterdam.
Rachel greeted us with big smile, and the hudsome black lad helped us with the luggage (sorry didn't catch his name). We stayed in the designer room, 1st floor, canel view. 2 singles push together, about 1.6m wide, not perfect, but ok. The room is not big, simple-designed. A squished but lovely shower room with basin, and a seperate toilet. The radiator works fine (amsterdam was -10 degree when we were there!). No A.C, don't know if the summer gets hot...
The free mini bar is abslutely great! 2 mini cokes+2 light coke+2 fanta 2 apple juice+2 orange juice, 2 BEER！ 1 bag of crisps, 1 bag cinnamon rolls. All FREE！ The Nespresso machine is a nice upgrade from a kettle where most hotel put as "coffee/tea making facility" several sorts of tea bags, 6 capsules of coffee.
The stairs is steep indeed, not unusal in the country.
Breakfast serves until 12, which is really good for late people like us :) We had scremble eggs and bacon, nice!
Location is perfect, close to the red light district, the Dam, etc, but it's a relatively quiet neiborghood.
Will recommend this place to everyone! The service and location rule all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam