All reviews former school hospitality students beautiful hotel museum district huge windows boutique hotel van gogh museum rooms are spacious public areas tram stop central amsterdam yogurt euros museumplein dutch furnishings minibar
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Location of this hotel is excellent. Service the worst of any hotel I have ever stayed in. No one knows what they are doing! Coffee machine broken: Orders for food ignored and need to be repeated and repeated....
I understand it is a training hotel but I could not see any training!!!
Would not recommend!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel works very well for a family. Excellent location, beautiful common areas, very good breakfast and helpful staff. We would come back again! The room was nice looking and the bed was very very comfortable. They will also rent you bikes.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 4 nights, and will definitely come back to The College Hotel. This hotel and staff provided the best holiday we could have wished for. The rooms were large and clean with tasteful interior. The complimentary minibar was a great touch. The breakfast was great, but unfortunately we were not able to try out the restaurant. The staff were really friendly and helpful and had a solution for everything. All in all a perfect stay:)

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Beautiful hotel, I almost cannot find any negative comments, the staff was lovely, the grounds are meticulously kept, and I just just blown away by how pretty it is. We enjoyed too short of a stay last month. All of the museums and restaurants are only a very short walk away so I was happy with the location. Nice bar and lounge as well, room service was fast and the order was perfect too when we ordered one night. Potential tourists, take note, this hotel is worthwhile.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lindaabrahh
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at the College Hotel in Amsterdam. My husband had business including meeting at the hotel and we decided to join him for a mix of work/ vacation. We travelled with our two young children 5 and 7 years old. We were able to all fit very nicely in a room and ended up using this very long L shaped sofa as a bed for both of them, not even needing the extra cot. The hotel is elegant and the staff is very helpful. I think the fact that this is a teaching hotel of hospitality students makes the vibe more down to earth. Also they are all so young and good looking! We got great advice and assistance of things to do and help buying tickets. I loved the high ceilings and the huge windows. Major plus was you could open the tops of windows to get fresh air in room. The only issue we had was bathroom lights kept going off. They fixed once but it went out again. Also I wish they had a few items on menu that were a little more basic comfort food. But I would recommend it highly and go again. The area around the hotel is great too, lots of cute restaurants and shops, and nice that it's away from the major touristy parts of red light district. Walkable to Van Gogh museum and little supermarket and cafes.... awesome!

Date of stay: November 2017