1,155 results
All reviewsglass showerholendrecht stationmedical centersmoking areaziggo domeround windowshuttle serviceshuttle bussky barshower cabinheineken music hallunusual hotelmodern designbusiness tripspecial hotelcity centrecool hotel
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

We found the staff here really helpful. We did have a few minor faults with our room but these were sorted out immediately. The shower was the main reason we booked this hotel. It is a clean, tidy and quirky hotel. We had clean towels every day and coffee condiments were replenished wherever we asked. There are plenty of hangers in the wardrobe a good hairdryer and a safe. We asked for extra pillows which arrived within minutes.
. It is about a 10 15 minute walk to the train station and than 20 minute ride into the centre of Amsterdam. We paid 6 euros for 2 of us, 3 in and 3 back.There is a hotel shuttle bus and the charge is 3 euros to the train station. We enjoyed the walk to the train station and the staff gave us clear directions and a map.Its pretty much a straight walk there and a right turn at the end and its visible the closer you get.
There is a great little supermarket in the train station when you get to central Amsterdam and much cheaper than the shops in the town.
The shuttle bus will also take you to the airport and is much cheaper than a taxi.
The breakfast has the usual choices and was very tasty. The restaurant is on the top floor and we would advise asking for two door cards for your room as the cards are also needed to operate the lifts. The smoking area is rather chic, with plants sofas and tables, there is also a heater and a cigarette machine.
The hotel also allowed us to store our suitcase there after we checked out of our room, for no charge in a locked room, until we returned later in the day to catch the shuttle bus back to the airport.
We did enjoy our 3 night stay here though I would say this is more of a business hotel than a tourist hotel. The only other thing I would have liked would have been brighter lights around the wash basin and mirror for us ladies applying our makeup.
Overall a smart hotel with quirky touches.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2018

The Fletcher Hotel is hands down my most favorite! Its very boutique like but with all the qualities of a large scale hotel. I stayed on the executive level 15th floor. The hotel looks eccentric on the outside from its circular column shape, but each room boasts the most unique arrangements I've ever seen. When you first walk into the room you see this amazing circular shower right in the middle of the room! Awesome!!!! The bathroom area is enclosed with an automatic light, you don't have to worry about remembering to turn the light on or off. Its a very smart enabled room. There is a telescope in the room so you could see the views.

But the shower- Totally Amazing!!! I was a solo traveler and enjoyed every minute of it. This is a very romantic place for couples to have some intimate sexy time.

Each morning they have a buffet style breakfast that is so delicious. The morning staff is so friendly and happily made me a mocha each morning, even tho there was a machine there for me to do it myself. Room service was so quick and delicious. I had this monster burger and fries, so good. The concierge desk was more than willing to help me with travel arrangements at any time so getting back and forth was a non issue.

This hotel is a little further away from the central square area but totally worth it! It was ridiculously affordable and top of the line! I honestly felt like this hotel was way better than staying in the square. Being a little outside of the chaos allowed me to have some down quiet time, save me money, and easy to get back to the square area to roam around.

Anytime I go back to Amsterdam I am absolutely staying at the Fletcher Hotel, my favorite place hands down!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 15th or 16th floor. Awesome!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank PrimeMeridianTravel
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We wanted a place to stay close to the Ziggo Dome because of the Andre Rieu Concert. The Fletcher Hotel looked nice in the reviews and by all accounts the reviews were quite accurate. We were delighted with the modern feel of the hotel and the space age glass shower in the middle of the bedroom was certainly a novel idea!
However, for a hotel of this magnitude, we felt that paper cups in the rooms in place of coffee mugs and glasses was poor. The coffee machine worked with a coffee pad and was at best a 2/10 coffee. There was no tea either, just poor coffee.
Secondly, the beds. 2 x smallish beds pushed together was ok BUT the mattresses were quite weird in that there was a thicker mattress and a thinner one on top. This did not give much back support and we didn’t sleep well for the three nights we were there.
The front desk folk were also very business like and made it almost seem as if our visit was just another transaction.
I would go back IF I had to but wouldn’t rush to book just because it’s the Fletcher with a weird design.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

My 3rd trip to Amsterdam, and this hotel had some decent reviews and looked nice enough. I’m not one to moan really, I take the good with the obvious problems. I’m just going to put my problems into points.
-Booked a double room, got x2 single beds and x2 single quilts. That’s a twin room. The reception staff told me it’s €20 a day extra to get a double quilt to stop me falling through the bed.
-Room temperature is auto set to Russian winter. You have to expressly request it to be warmer.
-The shower plug doesn’t drain quickly enough. So you can’t really just have a nice shower without standing in drain water and having to rush.
-The beds are super uncomfortable. Though this is subjective. You get better at a Premier Inn.
So far the Tulip Riverside was the best I’ve tried over here, so maybe paying the same amount and getting much poorer standards makes me biased. I wouldn’t stay here again even if it was free. Shame really, but you live and learn.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night as part of a Roadtrip around Holland. This hotel is off of the Motorway on the way into Amsterdam which was perfect for us late evening after driving from Calais. Don’t stay here if you are looking for somewhere in the centre of Amsterdam but definitely do if you want a luxury and comfortable stay just outside of the city, perfect for those with a car. The rooms are very spacious and modern and have a really interesting round shower in the middle of the room! Check in process was really easy, the staff were friendly and there is free parking on site. There is also Starbucks and Burger King 5 mins walk from the Hotel which came in quite handy. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple