2,309 results
All reviews marcel wanders alice in wonderland bluespoon restaurant complimentary wine public library canal view room mini bar nine streets beautiful hotel anne frank house five star hotel perfect location van gogh museum dam square lobby sink city
Reviewed 17 March 2018

If I could give this place a 0/5, I would. While the hotel is definitely innovative, the awful service my family and I were provided while staying here was appalling. The staff never came to clean our room during the duration of our stay, despite repeated calls to management, the individuals running the bar and restaurant were equally as terrible, and overall, prices were outrageous. I would highly recommend staying somewhere else. I will certainly never come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew E
Ben W, General Manager at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear Andrew E,

Greetings from the Andaz Amsterdam. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We greatly appreciate your business and sincerely apologize for our shortcomings. If I can kindly ask you for more information regarding the service challenges you experienced at the hotel. This way I can better understand the problems and discuss with my team accordingly so that action can be taken to prevent repeat occurrences.

I look forward to hear back from you.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This is one of my favorite Hyatt hotels. I love the Andaz brand for it’s uniqueness and it’s free snacks. From the welcome by the staff to the “quirkiness” of the rooms and the hotel, this is a hotel we continue to revisit. The location of the hotel is excellent for visiting shops, museums and restaurants, and during King’s Day, there is no better location! The library has a Nespresso machine and beverages, as well as cookies, and is a nice place to relax. The hotel has a limited number of bikes which can be borrowed for free for the day, one just has to go down somewhat early to get one, and this is a nice bonus. Our room was well appointed with an open plan bathroom (the shower and toilet were private). The beds are quite comfortable and the rain head shower, plus handheld sprayer, were very appreciated. The restaurant provides a wonderful breakfast with a large assortment of hot and cold foods. Lunch and dinner were equally tasty, with some unique choices, and a very friendly staff. I look forward to many repeat visits!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Ben W, General Manager at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear TravelFar2C,

Greetings from the beautiful city of Amsterdam!

We have received the wonderful comments you entered on TripAdvisor and want to thank you personally for sharing your positive experience with us. It is very gratifying to receive such positive feedback and your comments have encouraged us to continue looking for ways to exceed our guests’ expectations. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed every aspect of your stay including the wonderful interactions with our staff. We also are looking forward to many repeat visits!!

Thank you so much and we will see you soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed 4 nights in this hotel. All the services was superb. A cosy hotel with great ambient and it own class. A good choice of food available. Easy access location. Had a great time staying here and a friendly local staff. I enjoyed Amsterdam!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Ben W, General Manager at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear MOHD MIZUAR O,

Greetings from the beautiful city of Amsterdam!

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review here on Trip-Advisor. I am delighted to hear that your have enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that the team was able to exceed all your expectation. Please know that I will share your comments with the entire team as well.

I sure hope to get the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We had a great experience at the Andaz. It is a unique smallish hotel with artwork all over. There isn't a large reception desk but 2 reception pods where the check-in person asks as concierge and bell hop. We only had breakfast and happy hour, which were both very nice. There is a small but adequate gym. I am not sure if there are any rooms with views of the outside but that might be common in Amsterdam.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Ben W, General Manager at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Mickeywayne,

Greetings from Amsterdam!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I am very happy to read that you had a memorable time at the Andaz while visiting Amsterdam. We do offer rooms with canal views, beutiful garden views and the atrium. Please feel free to call us in advance should you wish to book any of these room types in the future.

Thank you so much for your positive review and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

As a Hyatt member I had to use up some awards and I chose to take my wife and kids to Amsterdam. Living some 20km away and being often in Amsterdam its a 'local' trip but so nice to actually sleep in your own capital next door.

The good thing from the award situation is that my Hyatt status allows me to park the car in the hotel garage free of charge. A nice gesture and especially in Amsterdam where parking it a not easy and b costly.

Upon arrival we were greeted and our room was upgraded to a canal view room where as my kids got a courtyard room.
Nice but if you prefer more room then better opt for the courtyard as the rooms are already on the small side, the one we had was even smaller.

Though the rooms are nice and well appointed its a personal matter if you will enjoy the Marcel Wanders Dutch design rooms. The bathroom is not traditional and prominently placed in the room itself.

Andaz is known for its more personal approach and this has nice touches in the room, check in and lobby lounge where all is more cozy then a normal hotel.

The breakfast was good yet a little bit limited in choice.

For me the best is the lobby and bar which is like a living room. After coming back from dinner we sat down and the bartender approached us not by looking down at us to take the order but sitting down with us, introducing him and asked if we wanted a cocktail?
Our reply, well we are not cocktail drinkers so wine please.
He then told us the bar was about, or had, won a price of best cocktail bar 2018 and what kind of thinks we liked food wise and if he was allowed to surprise us.
Men, he did! After some extensive and intense work he came back some 15 min later and these were the best cocktails we ever had. We happy, he happy!

The location is pretty much centre and as amsterdam is small almost can be done by foot or be adventures and take out a bike, but be careful....Amsterdam traffic is different.
The 9 streets are basically at your doorstep and plenty of shops and restaurants near the hotel. Also the main museums are nearby.

Room Tip: courtyard rooms a bit larger and more quiet, canal view is more typical Amsterdam
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Ben W, General Manager at Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Roger S,

Greetings from chilly Amsterdam!

I have received the wonderful comments you entered on TripAdvisor and want to thank you personally for sharing your positive experience with us. I am delighted to read that you and your family had a memorable time while in Amsterdam and so nice to hear that our bartender went above and beyond to make your experience a special one. Please know that I will share your comments with the team as well.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you!