All reviews beautiful antiques felt like royalty opulent breakfast upstairs suite unforgettable stay creature comforts beautiful bathroom pleasure of staying bed and breakfast visit amsterdam every morning beautiful park first floor camilla oosterpark city luxury
Reviewed 16 May 2017

My husband and I travel frequently and stay at many 5 star house. Brietner House was by far our favorite and a very unique experience. We loved the suite which was equipped with beautiful antiques and modern amenities. Our hostess Camilla was fabulous and enhanced our visit tremendously. Everything in our room was planned with great care. The breakfasts were unbelievable. Camilla shared the history of the house and Amsterdam with us and enhanced our visit. The tram is across the street and very convenient. We cannot say enough about this wonderful hotel.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Fortunately we were able to book one night on our recent trip to Amsterdam at the recommendation of our friend who stayed earlier. It was towards the end of our trip so we stayed at Breitner House and enjoyed a nice quiet evening in the neighborhood. Our host was amazing, the room was charming, the breakfast was beautifully presented and the food was delicious. Thank you!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2017

The house is charming and full of history, which Camilla openly shares. The garden suite, was full of sunshine, spacious and perfectly laid out.

After decades of trying to make it to this must visit European city, I decided to celebrate my 50th birthday with a visit. Of course, with a destination like Amsterdam and the celebration of my 50th, the expectations were high. Amsterdam and the historic Breitner House and its wonderful host delivered in a special way. After landing in Amsterdam and making our way through the city to a charming little street across from the picturesque Oosterpark, surrounded by enough goings on to keep one busy, but out of the way from the tourist area, I knew I was in for a treat. Camilla, the owner of the property, takes the kind of care to make your stay more than perfect, welcomed us as if we were friends, long overdue for a visit. Each morning, we were greeted by Camilla with her infectious smile and zeal, as well as her extravagant breakfast which primed us for the day ahead, and certainly made you feel a little spoiled. Camilla knew everything about the city, where to go, what to do and when, why, and was able to share those special little details, which made each day out and about just perfect.

Suggestion: Take Camilla's bicycles and ride through Oosterpark across the street and continue on through the canal walled streets of the city.

Room tip: Both suites are beautiful. Whichever one is available, enjoy.
Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Camilla; owner, chef and hostess is amazing. This is a very special guesthouse with only 2 suites. I recommend the Breitner suite with the huge soaking tub and view of Oosterpark. Lots of stairs so not for the disabled. The breakfasts are bountiful to say the least. No lunch necessary! Wine, munchies, coffee, tea, cookies, chocolates and juice in the room. Three tram stops within a block. This is THE place to stay in Amsterdam.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Our host, Camilla was wonderful and the breakfast that was served to us was nothing less than exceptional. The photos of our room were not as expected and the warning or the number of stairs that we had to climb were not explained and we were thankful that we didn't have our 80 year old mother with us. Overall an enjoyable stay but I don't think value for money was there.

Room tip: Fabulous breakfasts
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guido G, Owner at Breitner House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear Rhonda and Graham. We are really sorry you feel puzzled about the value for money and I am afraid you missed an email in which I explained what to expect with the stairs. Since the house is built in 1870 we did not want to spoil it with an elevator. However these stairs are very wide and comfortable!! we have had guests of 97 who climbed these stairs easily... I promise I will make a note of that on the websites. Love, Camilla