3,028 results
All reviews great location superior room within walking distance amsterdam centre mini bar van gogh museum heineken experience museum quarter central station tram stop bars and restaurants main attractions breakfast was included dam square small room the red light district leidseplein
Reviewed 9 September 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 7 September 2012

The hotel was ideally situated for us for 3 night stay from 29th August 2012, being close to Leidseplein and its attractions, ease of access to the museum area, and its proximity to the Holland Casino for a short walk ‘home’ at night! We stayed in a standard room and although it was smaller than we expected, this was compensated with the verrrry comfortable Queen size bed. Housekeeping did an excellent job in keeping the room extremely clean and the bathroom was immaculate. The aircon was welcome but the 2 large windows both opened for some welcome fresh air when the aircon wasn’t needed. The common areas were very well presented and the front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. We didn’t eat any meals in the hotel as the prices seemed quite high, but we would definitely stay here again on future visits to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The hotel is well located, next to Leidseplein,full of cafes, restaurants, museums...
The rooms are small, specially the bathroom, but were quite confortable.
Wifi only in lobby.
Reasonable price.
Staff efficient and fast in check in and check out.
Carpets should be replaced, they are quite old and affect negatively the image of the hotel.
Breakfast quite expensive.
No hotel parking. One public parking close to the hotel...........72€ per day. I ould suggest to park the car in a P&R right at the entrance of the city. I left mine at the Fashion Center P&R. It costs 8€ per day and they give you up to 5 return tickets to go to the center of the citi by tram.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed here 3 nights in November 2011 with my friend. Communication with the hotel worked excellent before our stay and our room wishes were filled. We stayed in a high-floor standard room. It is not advertised on the website but some of the rooms has balcony and we got one. I read some reviews and was expecting a small room but actually our room was quite big. We had a narrow balcony but it was great as we both are smokers.
We had a bottle of champagne with us and got cooler, ice cubes and champagne glasses from the bar. Service was very good on the day of arrival and the room was nice and spacious. Location is excellent! We also had a king size bed, or so it was said, that was made of two single beds put together. Not a big deal but if you're traveling as a couple, this would be total disappointment.

The hotel messed up with my reservation and credit card. Our key cards didn't work on the next day as hotel though we would stay only one night instead of three. Therefore they charged double deposit of our stay which brought me problems as they blocked 600 euro more than our stay was. It also took more than a week to be returned back to my cc! This is a long story which includes very rude service, blaming by the hotel staff, several expensive international phone calls and worst of all it ruined our wonderful weekend. With our first impression hotel would get 5 stars, after our stay it was only worth of one with no good word but after good conversation with hotel manager and compensation received I must compensate as well so my overall rating is average.

After complaining to the hotel manager directly I received small refund and also 2 complimentary nights w/ breakfast. I will rate this hotel again in October after my second try. This time I won't be using credit card as my expectations are now much higher and I don't want to ruin my image of the great service and expectations towards this hotel.

If everything goes as expected I will make the new review with higher rating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony. Note it doesn't have views to Leidseplain then.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nisse N
Reviewed 23 August 2012

NH Amsterdam Centre
Stadhouderskade 7, Amsterdam 1054 ES, The Netherlands
unforgettable adress for me as it's the first one in which I have my first travel and now it's the preffered, each time I really enjoy my staying days in the hotel and lovely want to share this experience with every body as it's a great pleasure to be there.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo