“Hotel is good, great location, but service was a let down”

NH Amsterdam Centre
Ranked #152 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My review is based on a long stay. My husband and I have been in Amsterdam for 11 weeks awaiting the approval of our visas into another country. We thought we would be staying at this hotel for the rest of our time in Amsterdam, but the service, or lack thereof, really turned us off. Great location near all the museums, shopping, great restaurants, and Leidsplein. The hotel is nice. I like the furniture and decor in the rooms. Hardwood floors make a room seem a little fancier. We had a couple of nights of very loud guests talking and yelling in the hall. After a call to the front desk, they quieted down. Room service and the food in general were not good. I ordered the goat salad to my room one night and he brought me lettuce and a piece of toast with melted cheese. No dressing, no nothing. Really disappointing. There is a gym €15/day. I had spoken to the mgr re: the length of our stay and he told me he could probably get €7/day. Later he told me he was only able to negotiate me paying for the membership for the month. Not exactly a deal. I was also told for long periods of stay, there was a discount on food. We received no discount. After spending over €3000 on our stay, the front desk never even said thank you.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank kpscherer
Write a ReviewReviews (2,789)

Reviewed 1 December 2011

The NH Amsterdam Centre Hotel is perfectly located in the city centre. The rooms are spacious and clean and the breakfast buffet caters for everyone and is just delicious. The staff could not be more helpful and they made our wedding anniversary absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Great location. We walked to the Van Gogh Museum, Leidseplein, Vondel Park, Heineken Experience, Red Light District/Asian Neighborhood all in one afternoon/night. Rooms are modern, well-sized, and clean. Only thing is that free wifi is only available in the lobby.

Room Tip: Request a high floor either with a view of the city or the canal.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I stayed here 1 night on a work trip. It is very well located, easy to get to from the airport. I had a room on the 6th floor and although it was a nice room, it was rather smelly. Maybe they had some issues with the sewage, I reported this to reception, they said they were going to investigate and fix the problem. After coming back from a night out the smell was still there and nobody seemed to know that the was a problem at all. Breakfast is good

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Laura_Simon_Birt
Reviewed 21 November 2011

NH Amsterdam is a very good place to stay in Amsterdam. They got friendly and helpful staff. Place is so near from every night life there. We had a great time.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Amsterdam hotels
Centrum
Vondelpark
Hotel Roemer
Hotel Roemer
#94 of 376 in Amsterdam

Been to NH Amsterdam Centre? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about NH Amsterdam Centre

Address: Stadhouderskade 7, 1054 ES Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Region: The Netherlands > North Holland Province > Amsterdam > Vondelpark
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#18 Spa Hotel in Amsterdam
#22 Green Hotel in Amsterdam
#36 Business Hotel in Amsterdam
#76 Romantic Hotel in Amsterdam
#85 Luxury Hotel in Amsterdam
Price Range: $175 - $441 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — NH Amsterdam Centre 4*
The luxurious four-star NH Amsterdam Centre is conveniently located in the city centre of Amsterdam opposite the Leidse Square within walking distance of Vondelpark, Heineken Brewery, and the world famous Rijksmuseum featuring a slew of Dutch masterpieces, including Rembrandt's The Night Watch. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your NH Amsterdam Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Nh Amsterdam Centre Hotel Amsterdam