“Cheese fries is everything!”
Review of Patat Steeg

Patat Steeg
Ranked #339 of 4,555 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Try the cheese fries, their cheese is different than cheddar cheese, it is white a light and so yum!

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

The best chips I have ever had!

So we found this place online and after walking down a little street we found the shop...

I would definitely recommend the ‘oorlog’ ones.. they come with peanut sauce, mayo and chopped onion. I wasn’t sure about the combination when I first heard it, but they were amazing!
The second time we came (24 hours later) I ordered a small oorlog but the chap was so happy that we had come back again that he gave us a larger for no extra cost. Lovely people!
Don’t be fooled by the chip shop on the main drag, as the chips are just mass produced. This is independent and fabulous.
€3.50 for a large I think. Well worth it!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I tried a lot of french fries in Amsterdam and this is my favourite place. Fresh made and perfectly cooked. I suggest the mayonnaise spycy . Staff are friendly. Surely i'll come back.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Luckily we found this (nearly) hidden gem of a place just a couple of hours before we leave Amsterdam!
The chips are fresh and delicious and there's big selection of sauces, we had no idea so asked for the guy's recommendation, he suggested number 3, he chose well!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

My middle son's pet peeve about eating in Europe is the food items that are advertised as "spicy" but seldom are. He loves hot sauce and gochujang. He was happy has a clam with the Spicy Mayo sauce at Friet Steeg. The sauce was actually hot and spicy. The potatoes are hand-cut and the fries are super fresh. The owner was very warm and friendly. We stumbled onto this place after visiting Van Stepele for cookies. There is also an excellent cafe next door.