“Donna 6776”
top floor overview 2
top floor dining table the friendly cafe at the corner, also serves breakfast and world famous Kuyt's applepie!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
top floor dining table
fresh flowers in every apartment....
textiles at incredible bargain prices on westerstraat monday morning market
flowers for sale at the saturday market
traditional street organ wrapping up saturday market on Lindengracht
fantastic swimmingpool just a block away!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

donna6776
“Donna 6776”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Great location. In Jordaan area with restaurants and grocery store nearby. Comfortable with kitchen available. Free laundry. Directions easy to follow from train station. Walk in 15 min. Walking distance to museums or can take tram with less than 5 minute walk. Street market close by on wednesdays. Would definitely stay there again.

LightSabr...
“Wonderful studio apartment in the nicest part of the city!”
Reviewed 12 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

A a spacious and clean bedroom and living room, the kitchen & toilet are for exclusive use, but it's part of a shared walkway (as it were) to the rest of the house.

Elske (the owner) was friendly and helpful, the wifi solid, the price was amazingly affordable for the location and facilities, and it's it's the nicest part of inner Amsterdam. Within a two minute walk are supermarkets, one reason I chose an apartment was to cut down on restaurant costs and that worked out perfectly.

If you want more room than a hotel along with a kitchen, fridge, etc., then this is the way to go!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Glynda B
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Lovely Amsterdam Apartment in the Jordaan neighborhood.”
Reviewed 5 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Elske, the owner of this lovely apartment could not be nicer. Very helpful. The apartment is a very charming authentic Dutch Attic Apartment. You are with in walking distance to the Anne Frank House, all means of transportation, restaurants, grocery stores and shops. We really enjoyed sharing Elske's house with her. This is perfect for a get away for two people.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: That the property was a real Dutch apartment.
Liked least: Three flights of stairs. But not so bad.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Rahelvg
Barcelona
“Mouse in the apartment”
Reviewed 9 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

We did stay in the loft apartment from August 9th to 18th, it is small but it was ok. The location is perfect. It was not very clean, don´t look behind the bed and wardrobe. The furniture is full of dust, it is better to wash the dishes and dinnerware. The worst part is that four days before leaving we found breadcrumbs on the floor and on the table were we have left the sliced bread inside the bag.The bag had a big hole made by a mouse. When we arrive the lady told us to leave the food on a box that she had on the table but "forgot " to let us know the reason why. We didn´t do it becasue the box was not very clean and I didn´t feel like cleaning the box at that time. Those last nights were a nightmare for me as I couldn´t sleep well thinking that in anytime the mouses could come back looking for food. We did not inform the lady because that night she was not in the house and the next day we woke up early to go to visit Edam, Volendam and Marken. At the end my husband didn´t want to come into conflict while our holiday and I did respect but I warn you so you all know what youc an find.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked least: to have a visit of a mouse
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
10 Sep 2016
I am very sorry that you had an unpleasant experience. In summertime i was on holiday and now i am back. There was a mouse but we placed traps and poison. Now the mouse has gone and everything is perfectly clean -like it usually is. As you know I offer you a free night stay to make up for your unpleasant experience if you ever come back to Amsterdam. I take great pride in offering all of my guest a pleasant experience and will always do all i can to make that happen. Sorry again that in your case this did not work.
joanne_kh
near Baltimore
“Location, location, location!”
Reviewed 4 September 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I stayed in the attic apartment of Studio Elf from 27 June to 9 August with the exception of 10 nights in July when I stayed in Delft. A friend joined me for my first week, and another friend joined me for my last two weeks. The rest of the time, I stayed in the studio by myself.

With the exception of the very steep & narrow stairs (which I did get used to) & the non-standing bathtub (which, at my age, was not a lot of fun), the studio was perfect for me. It does not have air-conditioning... which was fine most of the time. You get a nice breeze on most days. There did happen to be one of Amsterdam's worst heat waves (perhaps the all-time worst) while I was there. I think it reached 40C (103F)... or at least that's how hot it felt up in the attic apt.! There is a sky-light in the ceiling... which most of the time was great because it lets in lots of light, which I love. But on those two or three extremely hot days, I wished the sky-light was not there... it was like an oven up there! There is a fan, which helped… I wished it had two!

My only real complaint (given that the heat wave was very unusual for Amsterdam) is that Elske, the owner, was away on vacation for much of the time I was staying there. If the attic apt. had a telephone, it might have been okay (or at least not so bad). But it doesn't (which I normally wouldn't mind at all)... and I did not have my cell-phone with me on this trip. While Elske's daughter Karine came to the house periodically during her mother's absence, she did not sleep there. (She might have one or two nights... I'm not sure.) I had Karine's e-mail address... and she was good about coming over the few times I needed something. But I couldn't call her (I had no phone)... and worse, for a few nights she was actually out of town. I am a 66-year-old female (and not in the least bit handy with home repairs & the like), and I didn't feel safe staying there by myself... even though there were apparently a couple staying in the ground floor studio at the time. What would I (or they, for that matter) have done if a water pipe burst (which actually happened to me in an apt. I stayed at in Istanbul) or there was an electrical fire? What would I have done? Had I known that Elske would be away for a month, I'm not sure I would have chosen Studio Elf during that period of time.

Okay... now for the good parts! The studio was clean & nicely furnished. Nothing fancy... but certainly fine for my needs. Considering the price, I feel it was a very reasonable deal for the length of time I stayed there. (The per-night rate goes down the longer you stay.) The skylight lets in lots of light, which I liked a lot (although all that summer light might wake you up early in the morning). The beds are very comfortable, the stove & microwave oven worked just fine. The small refrigerator does not have a freezer compartment, so you can't make ice cubes or freeze anything. (I had the same kind of fridge in my Delft apt., so that must be common in The Netherlands.) The apt. also has good lighting (I mean lamps), which is important to me. It’s perfect for one person, a couple (including with one child) or two close friends. It is not luxurious (what can you expect for that price!?)… but it’s clean, cute & cozy! Oh… and it’s very quiet at night! On weekend nights I could hear some rowdy revelers hanging out outside the brown cafes on Westerstraat, which is right down the block. But it always seemed to stop fairly early – or maybe I just fell asleep despite the noise – but it really didn’t bother me much.

Best of all is the location! Studio Elf is located in the wonderful Jordaan… my favorite Amsterdam neighborhood. As other reviewers have pointed out, it is very near shops, restaurants & wonderful brown cafes! And don’t miss the markets in the Noordmarkt (by the church) & along Lindenstraat…they’re great!

And lastly… both Elske (when I finally met her) & Karine are very nice, welcoming & accommodating. For the most part, I can only say good things about Studio Elf!

Liked best: the location
Liked least: absence of owner for much of the time I was there
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing