“Feels Like Family!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 361 Hotels in Amsterdam
Perth
“Feels Like Family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Once again, booked solely based on reviews.

Was soo happy with my choice here...once again scored points on this one (I do all the hotel booking).

We arrived after a long flight from Perth. It was around 7am in Amsterdam and dark and cold. On the way to the hotel to drop our luggage i was thinking, goodness what are we going to do to entertain ourselves for the hours before our room was ready! Roel welcomed us with a smile and then proceeded to tell us "that we were in luck our room was ready". This was heaven to the ears. What I loved was that Roel was expecting us, new who we were and our situation (long flight). That felt so nice compared to bigger hotels!

Hotel Fita was a family run hotel and is a tradtional style Amsterdam house. This however added to the charm for us Aussies as was a world away from how we live. Elevator available if you need. Hotel Fita consisted of around 15 rooms..we stayed in 2 of them (as we returned on two occassions).

Rooms were perfect, clean, bright and comfortable!!! Bathrooms were excellent (heaps of room) and the best shower of our whole trip in Europe. Nespresso in the room (yay), no fridge however. The only instance I think you would need a fridge if you were travelling with a young baby or something and I know Roel/Martjin would assist if required (bottles etc).

Breakfast is served daily downstairs and was lovely. Continental Breakkie and in addition they will make you eggs/bacon or dutch pancakes. There is a fridge downstairs with drinks, which was handy as sometimes you really didnt want to venture out just to get drinks. It works on the honesty system, you pay for what you consume!.

Location - Hotel Fita is in a great place. Best shopping district (high end street) very close by. The canal tours leave just down the street and some of the best museums 2-5 minutes away!

My husband and I will always look back on our trip and remember Hotel Fita, it was definately special. The family are wonderful.

If your looking for an excellent value hotel, in a good location, nice staff and very clean and comfortable this is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank RenniePerth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Overall I would recommend Hotel Fita as a place to stay while in Amsterdam. By American standards, the rooms are small - but that was expected when I went to Amsterdam. The staff was awesome and could help you with everything you needed while staying. The breakfast was good, especially the pancakes. The location is perfect as you are less than one block from the Van Gogh Museum and a short walk from everything else.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank tammyvh
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

We were greeted by Martijn when were arrived early evening. While no one was monitoring the desk and the door from outside was locked, Martijn quickly responded and let us in when we buzzed the ringer at the door since he was obviously expecting us. Hotel Fita knows when everyone is expected to check-in and check-out. A very nice touch.

The room that Martijn showed us to was just as described when we booked and was clan and spacious for a European room. The Hotel Fita is within walking distance or tram from most major attractions. We always felt safe and welcome in the area and at the hotel. Martijn and his family really know how to operate with hospitality.

Room Tip: Take Bus 197 from Schippol to the hotel. Tram 2 and 5 also run to the street next to the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank JPS007
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed for one night in February, and it was absolutely perfect. There are a vast number of ways to reach the hotel from the airport, including bus, train, and shuttle. I opted for the shuttle and had an easy ride to the hotel and back to the airport the next day. Once I reached the hotel, I felt very welcomed by the friendly staff. The clerk even drew on a map to show me a good walking path to see different parts of the city, since I only had one day. The hotel is in close proximity to many of the museums as well as some great shopping and restaurants. The room itself was quite comfortable, especially for the price. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: There are two schools / parks adjacent to the hotel, so if you plan to sleep during the day to recov...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ktfranks
Dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Well, I was little unlucky - asked for an early check-in, which was unavailable, but according to Hotel Fina, Hotels.com never relayed the message to me...first up, the doors from the outside don't open automatically and the reception desk isn't staffed permanently; I find that uninviting, despite the fact that the bloke who showed up was a delightful man, full of useful tips etc. The room I was in overlooked a school yard, so it was noisy enough from early on and hard to work with the playground in full swing during the day. The room itself was fine - big, in fairness to it, complete with iron, tea & coffee making facilities and FREE WIFI, but the shower was just too fierce pressure-wise; the sockets available are not work-friendly in terms of where they are placed and the TV stations available are limited. But I suppose the most disappointing aspect for me is that the two single beds pushed together were small and I just didn't / couldn't get a good night's sleep. One of the in-built bedside tables is head height and I ended up banging my head of that for good measure! Look, its location is fantastic, staff are lovely, but Amsterdam is relatively cheap in my experience and for E135 - E140 per night, I expected better...

Room Tip: Avoid overlooking the school..
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business