New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“"The best, very special place!!!"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bed and Net

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bed and Net
Ranked #198 of 330 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
“"The best, very special place!!!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stayed at Bed and Net for a vacation. I loved this place. I don't have a canal facing room. I think, I had one of the smaller rooms compared to others and I thought our room was big, spacious and clean. The bathroom is clean with heated tile floor and hot water. The bed was comfortable. I loved my room, felt at home and got the best nights sleep. Everything seems new, crisp and clean.

Having never been to Amsterdam, I was a little worried about the location being so close to the train station and the Red light disctrict. Let me reassure you. The location is perfectly fine. I walked, with luggage to Hotel from the train station without any problems.

There is free wi-fi, movies to watch in your room, and a community computer in the lobby. The tea and coffee is even fabulous. I felt like they were family. I even like the music they played during time.
The owner is wonderful. Easy to understand, when I ask about Amstedam on every day. He kindly told me. We talked a lot about travel. I can say enough about Bed and Net. I would stay here again and recommend this place to everyone.
The best!!! awesome place!!!

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank oliviasook

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nelson, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

Went to Amsterdam with 2 of my friends (3 20something guys) and it was great. It's run by a Canadian who's lived in Amsterdam for a while and he knows what he's doing. When we were there most rooms were available so we decided to try out a couple different ones (with our eye on the Penthouse). They were all great, had clean and problem-free bathrooms and our rooms were discretely cleaned during the day when we were out. Most of the rooms have a computer in them (connected to the net) and the Penthouse specifically has a big screen tv and a fully operational kitchen + rooftop patio.
It's not the most "stylish" place out there but it's everything you need to be able to really enjoy Amsterdam. Close to most sites and sounds or within walking distance (best way to see Amsterdam, either rent a bike or walk). Has a great little family run dutch grocery store underneath it (very delicious food and fruits) and best of all Allan was a great host and will help you out with whatever you need.
And the best thing of all, there are no hassles. Just be respectful of other guests and you'll be good to go!

Whenever i go back to Amsterdam, there's a very good chance that i'll be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank dchoubak
Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

What can I say, we got lucky with this one. Me and two other buddies who were studying our Hotel Management Courses in Switzerland wanted to visit magical Amsterdam and ended up finding Get Lucky through a recommendation of a friend. We called in, booked a week in advance and got there with Allan by the door welcoming us in. And the place is exactly what me and my buddies were looking for, homey and just "something else" compared to all these usual normal and cliche hotels/hostels you find all over the place. The staff was always friendly and Allan himself is a great host, not to mention the location being situated walking distance from anything we wanted to find, it was not too far and not too near to the hustle of the city center. A previous post mentioned that it scared away all the right people who simply did not belong in that environment, all the snooty "shopping for Champagne on an Orange juice budget" kinda people were definitely not the type to be found there and that is exactly what me and my buddies were looking for when going on an adventurous trip in Amsterdam. My favourite rooms were the bottom one, rustic and tribal themed with a beamer inside and a huge flat screen, not to mention the big sofas and hang out space you get with it, and the penthouse rocked our world! We hung out on the penthouse deck one sunny afternoon and thought we couldn't get it any better than this, compared to any of the 5 star hotels you pay an arm and a leg for just to be told all the things you can't do in your room.

The host, Allan, was always ready to make a recommendation as to where are the cool spots to check out in the city and never hesitated to lend us a helping hand if we needed advice on what else we could get up to. The other guests were our kind of people, adventurous and outgoing, all in all i would say it was more of a cozy, homey and community kinda place where people could mingle and enjoy their trip together. like i said, we got lucky!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank jschrottmann
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

I have been back and back over the years to my would-be home in Holland. I enjoy living in the center without the tourist hullabaloo, nearby to all manner of shops and restaurants. Sit down with Alan and the staff of locals for good times and good advice. I've stayed in every apartment and room in the place and recommend it to anyone who would rather get a feel for living in Amsterdam rather than just visiting. All in all, among the most accommodating accommodations around the world, I'd say.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Barklesniffy
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

This place is unique, not cold like other hotels, you feel like home! And the owner, Allan, is very relaxed , cool and helpful for anything and everything. Also in a cool neighborhood and right on a canal. I know all the rooms, have been going there for over 10 years, every year, from smaller to bigger, funky, hippie feeling, more design but always with a computer full of movies, music and also fast internet, all included. You will definitely appreciate this home away from home!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo