All reviews international calls great location free cell phone minute walk in either direction flower market and rembrandt square champagne on arrival received a free upgrade street facing room tram stop outside the hotel road noise hotel wifi in house restaurant counter space walking distance to dam square lovely balcony a small boutique hotel coffee making facilities
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Excellent attention from the staff, particularly highlighting the efficiency and friendliness of Kyra and Sarah. Without a doubt, I would return to stay at this hotel. It is strategically located in a central area, close to many points of tourist interest. Thank you very much for giving me an excellent stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Albus is a small boutique hotel located in the the center of Amsterdam. It's walking distance to a lot of cafes and shops. The staffs are very friendly and the rooms are small but well equipped. Will stay again!

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Very good location and the staff were exceptional. The room was very clean an had a very good coffee machine.
Only a short walk from Rembrandt square, trams, busses and canal boats.
Would definitely recommend

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The location is good and very near the flower market. The rooms are modern and clean but the noise level is a bit much. The staff are very helpful. The hotel is good for a quick one night stop over for business but not for a romantic or family place.

Room Tip: Away from the street.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Hotels in Amsterdam are expensive. For what you get, the Albus is very reasonably priced. The Albus:
1) Has a fresh, young, hip feel to it (unlike the NH Carlton across the street, where I also stayed this trip)
2) Is in a great location: a pleasant walking distance from virtually all of what people to go to AMS to see and do
3) Is very accomdating to help deal with issues.

The only reason I did not give 5 circles is because the hotel WifI did not reach my room (109), in the left corner looking at the hotel from the street. While the Wifi should have reached all rooms, it did not. I even experimented by walking in and out of the room several times. As soon as I stepped into the hallway wifi was connected and data was flowing. My comment #3 resulted because the gracious front desk staff let me sit in a different (empty) room during a phone call in which I needed that connection.

My room was at the front of the hotel facing the street. AMS is a place where people go to have "fun", frequently well into the morning hours. In my case, a group of people let the entire block know that at about 3 AM. If you'd like to avoid that ask for a room not facing the street. If you want to revel in it as well, as for a street facing room.

I only stayed in the hotel for about 7.5 hours overnight so don't have much more comment. Should I visit AMS again, I will definitely look up the Albus.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business