“cant decide whats more horrendous the staff or the hotel itself”

Delta Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Ranked #343 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I seriously wish I could give this place negative stars. Besides the location this hotel is absolutely hell. Upon arrival there were additional fees and charges that were never mentioned during booking (strike one). Then we get there and the staff is so unfriendly and rude unable to offer any suggestions or help with where to go and what to see around the city. Strike two....the wifi only works in the lobby so if you are here internationally you have to sit in the lobby to use your phone amongst the dreadful staff. Strike three.....THERE WAS MICE INSIDE MY ROOM UNDER THE BEDS AND SCURRING AROUND THE FLOOR. When I told the hotel staff they came upstairs and proceeded to tell me i was "lying" and that "he didn't see a mouse" which obviously because of my scream the mouse ran away and hid. When I asked for a refund I was told that i could only get a refund if I stayed somewhere else that night, mind you it was 11pm. So I had to get viciously drunk in order to stay in my hotel room and sleep through the night. My roommate literally QB sneaked HERSELF in the lobby of this dump so she could forget this horrible nightmare of an establishment After about 2 hours of fighting with this dreadful clerk at the front desk he said I could call later to talk to the manager. When I got back to Florence, I called everyday for a week and they would hang up as soon as I began to tell my story. Overall DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! I have no problem staying in budget hotel rooms I stayed in many hostels during my fourth months in Europe, but please do me a favor and listen to my review because I threatened them with this and promised them I would write a horrible review on every travel website because I hate the staff and this hotel so much. Thank you.

Room Tip: no room here is good. run away from this hotel screaming.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Catherine M

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The only thing to recommend this hotel is location. The negatives for this hotel is as follows:
1. While the rooms may be cleaned, the public areas in this hotel are totally ignored. This place should have the walls and floors scrubbed down, the halls and stairs vacuumed and shampooed. Just really disgusting!
2. The WiFi is free only in the lobby. The lobby is a 3 ft. wide space in front of the counter. No seating or place to use your laptop or devices. There is a charge for WiFi in the rooms.
3. Very lax staff. Security is questionable. You leave your key card at the desk when you leave the hotel. But, there is not always a person manning the desk. They walk away to use the facilities, to get coffee, etc. and no one is at the desk. Our key card disappeared twice.
4. The breakfast room does not have the tables wiped down. The bacon that they serve is either raw or under cooked. Really not edible.
5. Poor ventilation in the bathrooms. If you take a shower, the walls throughout the bathroom, which is maybe 4 feet by 6 feet, will drip with condensation.
6. The room pictured on this hotels website is not representative of what the majority of rooms actually look like in this hotel. Most rooms are crowded and consist of the bed(s) with no desk or chair to sit in. Very misleading.
7. As with most hotels in Europe, no AC. Gets very hot & stuffy in the room. The ventilation is one window on an air shaft. The window ledge is covered with black mold, the walls of the air shaft are disgustingly dirty with I do not want to know what type of matter .. the air shaft hasn't been cleaned in a very long time and it reeks! Bottom line, you do not want to open the window.

Room Tip: The only rooms that are somewhat presentable are those in the front of the hotel with windows on the...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Clean hotel. The breakfast was very good as we had a great variety. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was only 6 minutes away from the train station therefore it was very easy to go to other attractions.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa P
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Everything good. Eat, State, Person, cat, sleep, cleaning, ventilation ...bla bla . great. I need come to back and i need discount :) i miss cat. Amsterdam. The country in my heart. İ miss amsterdam street. Damrak. Delta hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel location excellent, but that is what you pay for.
The room was disappointing ,very small bathroom ,no toiletries,
We overlooked the Main Street ,great views,looking on the web sites it looks like there is a Restaraunt and bar but this is only for breakfast,
Breakfast was a nice surprise with hot and cold food.
All the staff were very friendly .

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple