“PLUS & MINUS”

Delta Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Ranked #343 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Given that Amsterdam hotels (in traditional old buildings) are, invariably small rooms (understandable) and, expensive (not so understandable), The Delta is a typical Amsterdam style - small rather pokey rooms and, for some reason - rather poorly maintained. Due to the traditional building design, the rooms are small but, there is no excuse for old fittings or, engrained dirt / dust!
The staff are very pleasant and helpful. That is a plus, but, the rooms have old furniture and a minimal amount of cleaning given. Certainly not what you would expect for the price you pay!
Beware - the hotel states is has wifi available and, it does but - only in the lobby. You can have it in your room but, you have to pay a daily charge of 3 Euros for that dubious pleasure! I thought this was a little tacky.
So, good location, great staff - YES.
Tired, poorly maintained, expensive rooms - YES also.
I had a short stay and, it suited my purpose. The other customers all seemed young and, more than a little interested in the 'herbal' fun to be had in Amsterdam. Nothing wrong with that (I enjoy also) but, some rooms were very noisy as I walked to my room

Room Tip: The hotel is right on Damrak with a very popular /busy fish and chip shop right next door! Try get a...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Perfect location, and that's it. When we checked in at the frond desk, the receptionist told us do not eat at the room... but we realy didn't think that chocolate from the airport, close in the bag, will be a problem. I woke up at the first night from strange noise, but the window was close and my friends sleep... I focused on the bag and found that we had a mouse in the room. We went down to reception, disgusted and scared, and the answer we got is that the situation is common, and there was nothing to do. You would pay money to a hotel in Amsterdam, to sleep with mouse. Old rooms, not so clean, and mouse in the room, in your bad and your suitcases. not recommended!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adi A
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We stayed here for King's Day last week. The prices were obviously inflated due to this holiday but even still it was not worth the money. The room was small, dingy and unclean. The carpets were matted in dirt and whatever else!
It is in a great location but that is the only good point.
My biggest issue was the female at reception. We had left our room and taken the key with us as no one was at reception when we left. On our return she was there and decided to give us a telling off for not leaving the key. We explained our situation and she just kept saying how it was hotel policy.
I also made the mistake of telling her I would rather keep it as I dont really trust leaving it. She took it as a personal insult and was not very nice after that.
100% WILL NOT BE BACK HERE!

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank keebzi
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Lovely friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Room cleaned every day. Clean towels every day. Bit noisy beside train station. Just somewhere to put your head down. It's ideal location. We all enjoyed are stay. They also allowed us a late checkout free..

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2017

myself and brother stayed here, April 2017. First thing we noticed, was the rooms look nothing like the pics on the website, walls were grubby, beds were basic, I had to ask if we could be moved as the rooms 'looked nothing like the web pics'. The wi fi doesn't work either, the 3 euro charge is for being the idiot who was stupid enough to book in to this rat trap in the first place, AVOID

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends