See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

This I would not recommend to anyone. The staff was unhelpfull, breakfast was bad. Rooms really small and cheap. Smallest TV in the world. The only good thing about this hotel that it is next to good restaurants.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jakob G
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel 5 times in the last year. All the staff are so friendly and helpful. The breakfast is nice. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable (you can't eat in them tho).
You have to pay for wifi but it's not expensive (€9 for 5days).

The hotel about 3 minute walk from dam square, central station and the Red Light is about a 5 minute walk.

The chip shop next store does the best chips in Amsterdam!!

Highly recommend this hotel ! It's not cheap but it's not to expensive.

Date of stay: February 2017
2  Thank U5383RTjessicah
Reviewed 4 February 2017

We stayed her for New Year. You can't fault the hotels staff and location. Perfect for all the tourist areas and right next to the station.

It needs updating but it is relatively cheap in comparison to hotels around it in the same area.

We used it as a crash pad as it was a weekend of drinking and getting home in the early hours of the morning so never really saw the room other than to sleep in. The location is ideal for this.

If your after a cultured hotel to spend time in you room this is not the hotel. Want to enjoy Amsterdams nightlife. This is ideal.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Wanting to stay near the activity in the center of Amsterdam I was steered to the Delta Hotel by a travel agent. I already booked a night with KM Hotel but when I decided to stay an additional night they couldn't accommodate me. The agent cancelled that reservation and booked me for two nights at the Delta.

Upon arriving by taxi from the airport the police flagged us on as no one is allowed to stop on that street, The taxi dropped me off two blocks away and I had to walk with my bags in the rain to this horrible place. The sidewalk was torn up for construction, so I had to walk over pieces of wood to get there and try to pass by a long line of fast food buyers outside a venue next to the hotel.

When I entered this musty smelling dump there was so little room I couldn't pass by anyone standing in front of the check-in desk. A large overweight cat took up most of the counter top. The clerk said the cat was fat from eating rats. He didn't want me to take my bags in the elevator to the top floor and said the elevator was solely for the staff. I made him take me up.

Upon opening the elevator door I nearly gagged from the mold smell from the dirty carpet. There was a door to open to access the hall to my bedroom. That was even filthier. The bedroom looked dirty. I wonder if they ever washed the sheets. There was no soap or TP. The towels were nasty. I looked out the window. My view was of the overflowing trash cans being overrun with rats the size of a cat!

I took my stuff downstairs and demanded a refund. They also had swiped my card as most hotels do, in case you charge anything and then skip. I was told that the surcharge would automatically fall off once I checked out, but they couldn't refund the room charge since there was a 24 hour cancellation policy prior to the reservation date. (That surcharge was never dropped off, BTW.)

Just then, two male college students said they couldn't find a room and was directed to the Delta. I warned them how bad it was, but they said they wanted my room. (The place was booked so mine was the only one that would be available.) I told the clerk to credit me and charge them. He agreed (but never did.) Also, my bank refused t charge it back since the Delta Hotel refused to accept a charge back claiming that was standard for the industry.

I also couldn't get back my original reservation at the KM Hotel but was fortunate enough to book two nights at the Doubletree. I had to pay a lot more than I wanted but was happy to be in the location I wanted and at a clean and wonderful hotel It was lovely.

Looking at reviews like this usually are very helpful. That booking agent wasn't.

Room tip: Run for your life and never go near the place!
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank basteeg
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights. Yes the rooms are tired, But in my experience they were clean. The bed was changed while we stayed. The room was cleaned every day, with fresh towels. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great. After a long day of sightseeing we didn't want to have far to travel. We also had no issues with hot water, there was plenty of hot water anytime we needed it.

Date of stay: January 2017