3,314 results
All reviews rembrandt square great location amstel river executive room flower market walked everywhere bars and restaurants central station red light district city break tram stop concierge rembrandtplein dam europe
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Being a gold/platinum member on many hotel chains due to an average of 20 days a month of business travel worldwide, i think I can comfortably say that the reception in Eden amsterdam deserve the badge of the "worst team"
Extremely unprofessional attitude and robotic treatment with solid angry faces I've never seen.
I reached the hotel at midnight due to a storm in Germany and couldn't do loads of errands I meant to do. The next morning I asked the reception if i can check out past 12 and her answer was *No*. I tried understand the reason and working out a solution that maybe your house keeping can do my room last since ur check in time is 3 so they can maybe start cleaning at 2 and she refused. I walked to another colleague trying to have a more human conversation to solve the issue instead of the robotic behavior but the lady who spoke to me RAN to her colleague saying *he's gonna ask for a late check out so tell him NO*. Again, an advice to the leadership of the hotel that it's much cheaper to hire automatic robots to check in and out instead of the staff who I'm sure affect your profit with their underserved salaries

Other than that and to be professional, the location is excellent. The rooms are spacious compared to the avg in AMS. And they are very clean. Also the housekeeping are very helpful and responsive. Their concierge is excellent and professional

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management-Hampshire, Front Office Manager at Eden Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Mohamed,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Our apologies for the behouvior of the receptionist. We will discuss this with everyone off the staff. The most important thing for all of us, is that we find a good solution for the questions of our guests.
Your feedback will be used to improve ourselves.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I paid $450 for two nights what a rip off. Rooms are so tiny and not very clean. My tv didn’t work both days even after they supposedly changed the remote batteries. My only saving grace was the sweet lady in the breakfast area who made me ginger tea.. I wouldn’t recommend this place service is low as well

Room Tip: Small room
Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Management-Hampshire, Front Office Manager at Eden Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Bina,
thank you for writing us your experience. Due to your comments, we are able to improve our service.
Our apologies for the inconvenience that you had with the size of the room, the cleanliness and the non-wording TV for 2 nights.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Good hotel, not on the Square but 150 m away on a street. Very clean, helpful staff, upgraded to exec room in Rembrandt square side, but still not on the square. Lifts worked , rooms more than adequate. Location perfect , trams 3 stops away from central station, 30 minutes total trip from Schipol airport. (forget taxis if you are travelling with cabin baggage and take the Sprinter train, then a tram to the hotel. Buy a 3 day travel card at the GVB office at the airport which includes the train trip too). If you like walking around, exploring the canals, eating in different restaurants, this is the place to stay, with Deli's and sandwich shops all around and a Wagamama and Rib shack across the road, and an English pub on the corner. You can walk to the actual town centre via the flower market in 15 minutes or use the tram to Dam Square from which you can reach the 9-streets, red light district etc etc I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampshire Hotels
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel location is great! However, service was terrible. Room-cleaning skipped our room two days in a row. Nothing was offered for free, not even free coffee. No printer to print boarding passes. I had to ask for towels and bath robe. Very disappointed & would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Management-Hampshire, Front Office Manager at Eden Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear Guest,
We are sorry to read you did not have a good stay in Amsterdam. We do appreciate your comments and we will discuss every detail with the different departments.
We hope you will visit us a second time so we can show you we can meet your expectations and that due to your comments we are able to improve our service.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Great hotel, nice and central. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend it. The room was find, clean and comfortable. the down side was we requested a double bed and got 2 singles pushed together, however they were comfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple