3,055 results
All reviewsfree barliving roomall inclusive conceptpillow menucanal viewlounge areaflower marketevery afternoonwonderful hotelmini bar in the roomhome from homerembrandt squarebreakfast was excellentboutique hotelrain showerwalked everywherecoffee machine
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My wife and I spent 4 days after our cruise in Amsterdam and stayed at the banks Mansion which overlooks the Herengraht or Grand Canal. We arrived directly from the cruise ship and were told that our room was ready. Although a single room it was very large and consisted of 3 balconies. The breakfast prepared by sam, the chef, was an excellent adition to the excellent variety of foods already there. His Dutch pancakes are fantastic. We have been to 56 countries and this is the first hotel where all beverages of any kind are included all day long, whether in your room or in the library in the lobby. The location is excellent to walk to the Flower market, the pedestrian street or even take a canal cruise.
The staff, especially Ester, were a great help showing us places on the map that we may be interested in going. Their room prices are very competitive for Amsterdam. Every evening there are snacks in the lobby and the area in which the hotel is located was so well situated that we walked day and night and felt very comfortable. They even offer free high speed internet service which allowed us to keep in touch at home, but also print out our boarding passes. With double doors to the balconies, it was very quiet at night. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Retired098
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We spent "Queens Birthday" at the Mansion and enjoyed the very competent, friendly, cheerful and helpful staff providing us with personalized service from reservation to check-out. Lobby with a good selection of beverages at guests' discretion make a stay even more attractive. Good breakfast buffet in a surprisingly nicely arranged basement. Most of the rooms are furnished and decorated with taste, but clearly undersized. A certain lack of continuous maintenance can be felt. Furthermore, we find it a pity the hotel cannot afford a glass for the teethbrush, instead it is an ugly, cheap oneway plastic cup - but that is a detail.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed 5 nights at the Banks Mansion before we joined a 21 day river cruise. This is one of our best hotel experiences for several reasons but the main one would be the super friendly staff that really made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived with our mountains of luggage. The concept of mini bar, lounge drinks, breakfast etc all included is sensational, nothing better than being told no extra charges when checking out. The lounge is a great place to have a drink after all day touring/shopping, and a great place to meet other guests staying at the hotel. Our rooms were a good size and bathrooms excellent. Location is good, easy walking to just about every site, we also caught the tram when feeling a little lazy, there is a tram stop just across the road from the hotel. If you can't decide where to stay in Amsterdam book the Banks, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank want-to-go-rtw
Reviewed 25 July 2011

What a brilliant hotel! Helpful staff, excellent location, clean, comfortable rooms and all-inclusive concept. Our room was large for a city centre hotel with a superb bathroom. Breakfast was more than adequate with plenty of choice and eggs freshly cooked while you wait (for just a minute!). We will certainly return to this hotel next time we visit Amsterdam.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan E
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Let me start by saying I've been a TripAdvisor member and relied upon these reviews for quite some time, but being a fan of Priceline and Hotwire, it's not often that I rely upon the reviews to make a booking. In the case of the Banks Mansion, it was different. After reading lots of posts of disappointed people who booked 4 and 5 star Amsterdam Hotels on Priceline, I made the decision to book a published rate at the Banks Mansion. I have rarely been disappointed by my Priceline results, but knowing that I had an exhausting business trip followed by a short weekend in Amsterdam, I decided to go with the TripAdvisor reviews and book the Banks Mansion. Let me just say, I am SO GLAD I did!! From the moment i walked in, the hotel staff made me feel special. I was upgraded to a canal view room, and I agree wholeheartedly with other reviewers that the bed is absolutely the most comfortable I've ever encountered. The staff was so friendly and welcoming. The front desk agent saw me walking in with a large bag and literally ran to my aid. In addition, she supplied me with a map and information about Amsterdam without me even asking. All of that aside, the wonderful freebies including open bar in the lobby ,breakfast, and the minibar alone make this experience great. Additionally however, I found the room to be quite accomodating for a single traveler. It was a nice size for one person, the bathroom was really quite nice, and the room contained a DVD player in addition the minibar, which I found to be quite a nice bonus, since I like to do exercise DVDs while on the road. This hotel is right around the corner from the flower market, and I did not encounter any noise problem at all in my room. The only potential fault one might find is the decor, and I think it was easily overlooked based on all of the other things I encountered during my stay. I would absolutely stay here again if I have the opportunity to book the Banks Mansion. It was not the cheapest option, but it was by far a compelling enough experience that i had to write this review to encourage others to book their stay here. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: If you are a party of two, I would suggest booking a larger room. Standard rooms only have a double bed.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo