1,246 results
All reviews close to the airport free shuttle bus stop hotel shuttle city centre bus service nice hotel short stay nice stay public transport stopover gvb ams leidseplein minibar dutch museum
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I called before I booked to ask about the shuttle to and from the airport. I was told it was free and came every 30 minutes. We arrived to the airport after 10 pm and waited and waited and waited. Finally it arrived after 40 minutes. Close enough. No big deal, but then it stayed for 30 minutes waiting for other people. Only one other couple got on and we still waited. We finally got to the hotel and checkin was easy. The room was ok. Highway noise was terrible all night. VERY NOISY. And you could hear every door opening and closing in the hall. The bed was not comfortable. The next morning we wanted to take the shuttle back to the airport to get the train to the city, but the front desk said we had to make a reservation for the shuttle and it would cost 5 Euros each. I asked about a nearby bus and she said it was at least 20 minutes walking to the bus stop. The shuttle wouldn't be available for 30 minutes so we decided to walk to the bus stop. It was less than 10 minutes and free to the tram station. Also, there are no restaurants nearby at all. I will stay somewhere more convenient next time I fly into Amsterdam.

Room tip: Choose away from the highway if it's even possible.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ATX_StephG
Mercure A, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you very much for ahring your feedback with us. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

When we first checked into the hotel, I read some reviews online about it. A couple of people complained because they had been charged twice for their stay. I waved it off as an unfortunate mishap that would surely not happen to me, but sadly it did. Of course upon pointing it out, the money was immediately refunded to me. The staff was not unfriendly and handled my complaint right. However, it was only a lucky coincidence that I was watching my account balance so closely and discovered it before check-out. It is forgivable if mistakes like that happen from time to time, but not if they happen more often...

The room was okay, but had little misgivings like a wardrobe door that was somewhat unstable. Also the vicinity of our neighbors was felt in terms of noise, but not hindering us from getting enough sleep.

Public transportation is very close by and there is a shuttle to do airport, so that was absolutely up to bar.

However, parking and breakfast seemed to be too expensive and therefore we decided to skip both. There is a gas station right next door that serves great coffee if you’re in need of caffeine.

A four star hotel should leave little to none room for complaint, so those things should be improved upon.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nadine J
Mercure A, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Amsterdam West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback! We will internally discuss it and learn from it to improve our services where possible!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a night en route to London. Room was big, clean and comfortable with a king size bed.
We had a good night sleep and made it to the airport on time for our flight.

This hotel has an airport shuttle but be advised that between 2pm - 4pm, you are required to call the hotel to arrange airport pickup. There is a phone at the shuttle pick up point for this purpose. The hotel also charges €5 per person for airport drop off.

Housekeeping needs to pay close attention as the kettle in our room was filthy.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This used to be the Mercure Amsterdam Airport Hotel. Its recently been refurbished and re-named as the Mercure Amsterdam West.

Good sized rooms with all the usual modern facilities.

A good hot and cold breakfast is available. Although not the cheapest in town, the quality is good, with plenty of cold meats, sometimes fish and a good cheeseboard.

Hot selection also available with a strange selection of bacon, chicken sausages and fresh Dutch pancakes and scrambled eggs. The only real problem is there are no hotplates to put the selection on. So it very quickly gets cold. It's not really rocket science to provide a plate warmer, or at worst a microwave to heat the plates folks. So points deducted there.

The hotel still runs a shuttle service to the airport most of the day. However part of the name change of the hotel has seen a charge of €5 for the service. Free however if you are a Accor card holder.

The website still says that the service is free and this seems to cause some friction with the customers.

Otherwise a great place to stay in the quiet suburb of Sloten.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 92,002
Reviewed 1 March 2018

My partner and I recently stayed in this accor group hotel due to our flight being cancelled by KLM due to the bad weather. We were booked in for our reservation by the accor hotel desk service at Schipol Airport and used their shuttle service.
The room was very well equipped and warm with a large comfortable double bed, hot shower and the usual expected facilities.
The breakfast was especially good.
The staff were pleasant friendly and professional, thank you to Amanda on reception.
However, the room rate was I believe excessive although we are able to reclaim this via KLM Royal Dutch Airways.
Overall, a good quality hotel conveniently located beside the motorway and close to the airport.

Date of stay: February 2018