Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Newest Industry
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Stunning hotel, great location, with a lovely bar and restaurant.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 June 2019
I've stayed in probably five hotels in Amsterdam now, and this is the one I will be returning to in future. The interior of the building is stunning, with a fantastic bar / restaurant area at the front, with a quieter mezzanine level above. The decor and lighting is also lovely. Our room was excellent, the breakfast system is good, and honestly my only issue is that we were located right by the service entrace (by room 109) and the staff are very loud early in the morning, shouting to each other in the corridors, with the door slamming repeatedly. Absolutely infuriating, but just bad luck I guess. I assume the larger, more expensive rooms are better located. Inredible hotel though, on the whole.
Date of stay: June 2019
Room Tip: Ask for a room that's not right next to a service entrance door.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
GilbertAMS, Head of Rooms at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this review
Responded 16 June 2019
He there,

Wow - thanks for this smashing review! We're thrilled that you're so excited about your stay with us that you're guest for life now. Glad that you enjoyed the look and vibe of our pad and enjoyed all the bits and bobs we offer. We're very sorry to read about the noise you experiences - we will address this to the team to make sure this never happens again!

Looking forward to have you back on your next trip to the Dam!

AU$315
    AU$755
0.3 km from The Hoxton, Amsterdam
View more hotels in Amsterdam
3,140 results
All reviews supermarket prices canal view cozy room cool vibe nine streets cool hotel perfect location each morning we loved our stay free breakfast amazing hotel dam square anne frank house rooms are small lottie hipster herengracht
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2019

Spent four wonderful nights at the Hoxton. The location was perfect. Close to everything - we walked everywhere, and on a canal. Perfect. The service was friendly and wonderful. loved the restaurant and bar. Loved the vibe of the hotel - trendy - lobby, bar, restaurant seemed to be full 24-7 with guests having a wonderful time. Not a lot of fancy amenities, but pretty much everything we needed. Loved the free breakfast snack each day and the great front desk staff. Bathroom had a great shower but needed more shelf space. Wish the window opened, and one time the housekeeper came in the room without knocking when we had the do not desturb sign out. I forgive her. We loved our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian S
GilbertAMS, Head of Rooms at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2019

Hiya!

Thanks for your review, we're happy that you had a wonderful stay. Glad that you found the location perfect, the team made sure you were well looked after and you feel like you got all you needed. Noted on the shelf space, we'll look into this. Apologies for the unwanted entry - we'll review this with the team too.

Looking forward to have you back soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2019

Super trendy hotel in a great location in Amsterdam (whole city was basically walk-able from there). The staff was beyond friendly and helpful. The rooms were a great size (big bathroom!) and the beds were comfortable. The cocktail lounge off the lobby was fantastic - order The Dutch Tale - and the food and service were also great in the restaurant. Would definitely stay here again!

Room tip: Face the courtyard if you want quiet.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank StaceyHKC

He Stacey,

Thanks for your review! We're happy to read the team looked after you so well, you like the bedrooms and enjoyed the food and drinks in Lotti's too.

See you next time!!

Reviewed 10 June 2019

On first entering, I was immediately hit by the hip vibe of the place. Colorful lounge chairs, it feels like what I'd want my den or peoplecave, if I had one, to be. Really friendly staff, who handle business right across their open air restaurant (Lottie's).

Upon entering my room, it was enormous. Apparently I had one of the largest rooms in the place. It seriously is bigger than some NYC flats. I had an entryway which housed a full writing desk with cute edison lamp, where the coffee cups, e-kettle, breakfast bag, laundry bag and safe were. Continuing down that little hallway is a small coat rack with some books, the fridge, and a couple shelves. Then on towards the bed, are some cool artwork in the hallway and "lounge" area. I had a small little patio with a door that opened out onto it. There are two "bathrooms," one larger one with shower and sink, and the other with toilet and small sink. Not that you need a play by play, but this space is very unique and much more homey than a regular hotel.

The bed is awesome. The pillows are awesome. There isn't that much storage space, but under the bed is a drawer that you can put stuff in. The retro phone fits this space and they offer free international phone calls, so I called my parents just cuz I could.

Anyway, I love this hotel. I would definitely stay here again. Great location that's in the "9 streets" area of the canals. Walk in any direction and you've got a lovely view. Very happy I didn't choose to stay closer to Amsterdam Central as that area seems super busy and crowded. From here, you can walk to many main attractions easily and quickly. Walking to Amsterdam Central took about 15 minutes - it might be irritating if you're carrying roller luggage because the sidewalks are really not big, but if you only have a backpack then it's great way to get to and from Schipol.

The only cons: My huge room faced where the "apartment" and lounge is (there is an open air window that they retract if there's parties in the "apartment" or if it's really hot. It wouldn't matter how high your room is because the walls echo. That means it is very loud and you can hear all the music until 1 am. This didn't bug me because I had my sleep earbuds. But...it's significantly loud. If this is an issue for you, ask for a room that's not near the lounge. Also, the floors are wooden. That means you can hear whoever is above you stomping around. Just bring your sleep earbuds / noise cancelling headphones and all is good!

Also, there's no USB chargers, so bring one.

Room tip: ask for room that is not adjacent to, or does not have windows near the Lounge or Apartment windows.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Rachel L

He Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice and extensive review - we appreciate the love! We're glad to read you enjoyed your stay, all the bits and bobs we offer, and weren't too bothered by noise coming from the Apartment.

We look forward to have you back soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2019 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed 2 nights at The Hoxton on the first stop of our honeymoon. We were greeted with an enormous room with amazing high ceilings and a lovely note and ‘love’ balloon on our bed. The whole hotel, including the rooms are beautifully styled especially the entrance and restaurant (which we had a delicious dinner at one of the nights).
The staff are also very helpful where they managed to let us check in straight away even though we arrived very early in the morning.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi there,

Thanks for your review, and choosing to stay with us as part of your honeymoon <3
We're glad to read you loved the room and styling of the pad, the team made sure you were well looked after and you enjoyed restaurant Lotti's too!

Can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 7 June 2019

Just returned from a 3-night stay in this gem of a boutique hotel.

The public spaces have a modern and welcoming vibe, the staff are really attentive and the room (one of the cheaper ones) was well appointed, fashionably decorated and had the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. Perfect.

It is in a great location beside a canal with some lovely shops, bars etc. literally around the corner.

We did use the restaurant on one evening, I highly recommend the Dutch cheese with soda bread and the catch of the day was the best seafood I have had in ages.

If I return to Amsterdam in the near future, this would be my first choice.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm P

He Malcolm!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience; we're so happy to read it was such a good one. Glad that you like the vibe of our pad, that the team looked after you so well and you had a perfect sleep in our beds. Great that you enjoyed the food in Lotti's too!

Come back soon!