Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rachel L
New Haven, Connecticut

What a neat hotel!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 June 2019
On first entering, I was immediately hit by the hip vibe of the place. Colorful lounge chairs, it feels like what I'd want my den or peoplecave, if I had one, to be. Really friendly staff, who handle business right across their open air restaurant (Lottie's).

Upon entering my room, it was enormous. Apparently I had one of the largest rooms in the place. It seriously is bigger than some NYC flats. I had an entryway which housed a full writing desk with cute edison lamp, where the coffee cups, e-kettle, breakfast bag, laundry bag and safe were. Continuing down that little hallway is a small coat rack with some books, the fridge, and a couple shelves. Then on towards the bed, are some cool artwork in the hallway and "lounge" area. I had a small little patio with a door that opened out onto it. There are two "bathrooms," one larger one with shower and sink, and the other with toilet and small sink. Not that you need a play by play, but this space is very unique and much more homey than a regular hotel.

The bed is awesome. The pillows are awesome. There isn't that much storage space, but under the bed is a drawer that you can put stuff in. The retro phone fits this space and they offer free international phone calls, so I called my parents just cuz I could.

Anyway, I love this hotel. I would definitely stay here again. Great location that's in the "9 streets" area of the canals. Walk in any direction and you've got a lovely view. Very happy I didn't choose to stay closer to Amsterdam Central as that area seems super busy and crowded. From here, you can walk to many main attractions easily and quickly. Walking to Amsterdam Central took about 15 minutes - it might be irritating if you're carrying roller luggage because the sidewalks are really not big, but if you only have a backpack then it's great way to get to and from Schipol.

The only cons: My huge room faced where the "apartment" and lounge is (there is an open air window that they retract if there's parties in the "apartment" or if it's really hot. It wouldn't matter how high your room is because the walls echo. That means it is very loud and you can hear all the music until 1 am. This didn't bug me because I had my sleep earbuds. But...it's significantly loud. If this is an issue for you, ask for a room that's not near the lounge. Also, the floors are wooden. That means you can hear whoever is above you stomping around. Just bring your sleep earbuds / noise cancelling headphones and all is good!

Also, there's no USB chargers, so bring one.
Date of stay: June 2019
Room Tip: ask for room that is not adjacent to, or does not have windows near the Lounge or Apartment windows.
Trip type: Travelled solo
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
GilbertAMS, Head of Rooms at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this review
Responded 16 June 2019
He Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice and extensive review - we appreciate the love! We're glad to read you enjoyed your stay, all the bits and bobs we offer, and weren't too bothered by noise coming from the Apartment.

We look forward to have you back soon!

AU$488
6.4 km from The Hoxton, Amsterdam
Free parking
View more hotels in Amsterdam
3,137 results
All reviews supermarket prices canal view cozy room cool vibe nine streets cool hotel perfect location each morning we loved our stay free breakfast amazing hotel dam square anne frank house rooms are small lottie hipster herengracht
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2019 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed 2 nights at The Hoxton on the first stop of our honeymoon. We were greeted with an enormous room with amazing high ceilings and a lovely note and ‘love’ balloon on our bed. The whole hotel, including the rooms are beautifully styled especially the entrance and restaurant (which we had a delicious dinner at one of the nights).
The staff are also very helpful where they managed to let us check in straight away even though we arrived very early in the morning.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GilbertAMS, Head of Rooms at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2019

Hi there,

Thanks for your review, and choosing to stay with us as part of your honeymoon <3
We're glad to read you loved the room and styling of the pad, the team made sure you were well looked after and you enjoyed restaurant Lotti's too!

Can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 7 June 2019

Just returned from a 3-night stay in this gem of a boutique hotel.

The public spaces have a modern and welcoming vibe, the staff are really attentive and the room (one of the cheaper ones) was well appointed, fashionably decorated and had the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. Perfect.

It is in a great location beside a canal with some lovely shops, bars etc. literally around the corner.

We did use the restaurant on one evening, I highly recommend the Dutch cheese with soda bread and the catch of the day was the best seafood I have had in ages.

If I return to Amsterdam in the near future, this would be my first choice.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm P

He Malcolm!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience; we're so happy to read it was such a good one. Glad that you like the vibe of our pad, that the team looked after you so well and you had a perfect sleep in our beds. Great that you enjoyed the food in Lotti's too!

Come back soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2019 via mobile

This hotel is located in one of the most beautiful streets in Amsterdam.
Amazing interior design, great coffee/drinks/food, cosy rooms and a brillant mini-breakfast on your door knob!!

We had an amazing stay!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
markwi88, Guest Relations Manager at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2019

Hi there,

Those 9 streets are a sight for sore eyes aren't they.. Thank you for sharing the love and make sure to come back to us soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2019

Had a great 3 night stay at the Hoxton recently and I honestly couldn't rate it more highly. It's a buzzy and friendly place in a great location, and the bedrooms are exceptionally comfortable (the best night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel, I think) and quiet. Service both on the hotel side and in the funky bar / lounge are excellent. Didn't try the food this time but will definitely do so on the next visit! Highly recommended.

Room tip: Rooms facing into the courtyard in the centre of the hotel (eg 426) are exceptionally quiet - though you do miss out on the canal views!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi there,

Such kind words.. Thank you! We're happy to read that you had such a nice sleep. That is where it all starts after all :) We will make sure to pass on the love to our team too!

We'd love to see you back soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

Our family stayed at The Hoxton for several days while we were in Amsterdam on vacation. The six of us stayed in three rooms. The hotel is located in a nice part of the city. The accommodations are very good and the hotel has a nice vibe.

In particular the staff is amazing and treated us extremely well. While on the trip, my wife unfortunately fell and broke her wrist when we were visiting the Anne Frank Museum (watch out for those steps down in front). So we had an unexpected adventure with the healthcare system in the Netherlands. We we returned to The Hoxton we were greeted righted away and they wanted to know how they could help. After spending some time in the lounge we went to our room to find a heartwarming note and a tray of goodies to help ease the pain.

I would definitely stay at the Hoxton again when visiting Amsterdam.

Many thanks to the staff at The Hoxton.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hey Dan and fam,

Thank you so much for these lovely words. These Dam streets and stairs sure can be tricky... We sincerely hope that your wife is doing well and was still able to enjoy Amsterdam. Great to read that our staff could help you guys out to ease the pain a little bit.

We'd love to welcome you all back any time, hopefully at full strength :)