“Best place I have ever stayed.”
other travellers have booked this property
Mix
Bathroom
Outside to relax!
Guestbook!
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Swedish first
Any
Clare1711
Manchester
“Best place I have ever stayed.”
Reviewed 26 December 2011 for a stay in April 2011
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Singel 96 earlier this year. It is hands down the best accommodation I have stayed at.
It is a cellar apartment in a traditional townhouse overlooking a canal in Amsterdam. The apartment is surprisingly bright and roomy. Lovely (and huge) comfy bed, flowers on the table. Massive bathroom with double sinks, the biggest bath I have ever seen and a separate shower. The kitchen is small, but perfectly formed. Good enough for making coffee in the morning! Only downside was that the TV wasn't working, but we were out most of the day and had our iPad with us so could watch movies on that on the odd occasion we had a bit of time.
The location of this apartment is the best thing about it. It is gorgeous to look out on the canals. There are lots of bars and restaurants around. Despite this, the apartment is still very quiet at night and didn't hear a peep from any passers by.
The owners of the apartment are very friendly and helpful too.
Have recommended this place to everyone and will hopefully be back very soon.
Thank you Carolina!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
ohio

Check-in / front desk Service
Your age range 35-44
deniskh
Moscow, Russia
“Brilliant location and warm welcome”
Reviewed 5 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

I stayed in the appartment with my wife, my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law just for 3 days as a part of our two weeks trip of Amsterdam-Bruges-Paris. I wish we could stay longer - hopefully next time!

All the service was faultless and effecient from the earlier ordering communcations till the farewell. All our questions were answered and many additional useful information was advised. We felt ourselves as real Carolina's guests rather than just customers.

The appartment itself is a part of a traditional blocked house situated between two channels nearest to the city center. Living in such an old and typical house is itself a part of a tourist fun (when we visited Rembrandt house museum, we saw an old map of Amsterdam and we found the house on the map!). If you rent the appartment for two persons you live in a semi-basement part of the house with a separate entrance. As far as we know, the part of such houses were used for servants in old days, but it doesn't mean you would serve Carolina living there :) Actually it's quite convenient. I specially looked for something not in a high floor, since one of us was 75 years old, and additional steep stairs was not desirable. And just 2 steps down from the street to the appartment was absolutely OK with us. If one need more space as we did, one might rent an extra room which is located on the next (ground) floor and accesed by the stairs from the the semi-basement appartment. No inconveniences as well, though it is even more a part of the house were Carolina's family lives (but you remember - you are guests not customers!).

Everything one may need during the stay (all the kitchen stuff, maps, etc.) is provided so you just live almost as you live in your own home. An the home is located perfectly for travelling in Amsterdam. It's less than 10 minutes walk from the railway station and from Dam square, about 10-15 minutes walk along Singel channel to the flower market and so on. Actually, the central part of Amsterdam is not so big, so alomost everything in the part is in a walkable distance from the appartment. If you travel by car as we did, it's better use a P+R parking, and since the location is central it's easy to get to it from the parking by public transport (we used Bos en Lommer parking and get to Dam square by the tram 14).

I might write many other good words, and the overall conclusion is that I'm absolutely glad with our choice of the appartment for the accommodation in Amsterdam. It is highly recomended and I hope I will have a chance myself to use it again in the future.

And thanks to Carolina once again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and friendly atmosphere
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing