1,602 results
All reviews dam square great location flower market superior room singel canal within walking distance breakfast buffet restaurants and bars hotel is perfect central station mini bar reception desk major attractions would definitely stay here again hotel is situated rooms are small tram stop
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel. Not only did they allow us to check in early on 2 occasions but I left a package at the hotel and they shipped it back to me. After leaving a bag full of gifts from my trip I was devastated. They assisted me every step of the way and shipped the package to the US very promptly. Very caring staff. Convenient location, clean and perfect . Thank you all again for going up and above for me. So appreciated

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hannes B, General Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel and you have helped us really well with shipping your package.

We are already looking forward to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived today at about 6PM and the first thing the reception told us with no smile on her face that there are no double bed room available at this time so they will give us separate beds only . But the good news are that they can give us an upgrade room with the double bed we pre order after we will pay 20 euro more for each night !
This is not they way to welcome tourist and it is not acceptable !
Bad first impression that will bring us to consider not to come to this hotel again .

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank NatanC87
Hannes B, Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Natan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

I want to offer you our apologies that you were not satisfied with your recent stay in our hotel. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations regarding the service that we offer. It is one of our main goals to deliver an excellent guest service and always with a smile, however I am sorry that you did not experience this.

Furthermore, I am sorry that we did not had any standard rooms with a double bed available when you arrived, however this is always based on availability. When you choose your bed type during the booking process, it is only a preference and we cannot guarantee it. My apologies that this was unclear. To meet your demand, we have offered you a superior room which has a double bed, however this is another room type and therefore an extra amount is asked.

Again, our apologies that we did not meet your expectations. I hope that we can get a second chance and then we will do our utmost best again to arrange a standard room with a double bed. Please feel free to e-mail us with your room preferences before your arrive the next time.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I think it’s only fair to start with the positives .... the location was excellent, the WiFi worked well and the bed was comfy, now with the less positive comments!

I can’t help but think this hotel was trying to be something it isn’t. In some areas it was a 4* but in others it definitely wasn’t. The reception staff were polite but we didn’t find them warm with their words, it felt like they were going through the motions at check in. The room was somewhat shabby which overlooked an outside grotty stairwell. You were only given one coffee sachet, one creamer and one sugar each per day! So we went and bought our own so we could have more than one coffee per day. One day the cleaner didn’t come til 6pm to ask if we wanted our room servicing and when I said yes, her face said it all. When we came back, she hadn’t replenished the tea/coffee facilities nor had she left any loo roll!

We had problems with the heating in that despite the instructions telling us how to cool the room, we couldn’t get it to work. Maintenance came up and told us it was not possible to cool the room and told us to open the window! If we hadn’t it was 23.8 all the time!

There were no drawers at the bedside or anywhere else in the room. We went to the bar to get some cocktails and the bar staff were friendly however a vodka and cranberry or JD and coke have never been a cocktail so they need to work on their cocktail list!

At check in we were surprised to hear we were room only as thought we had booked breakfast. To be told it was 22 Euro each per day we said no thankyou! We went out each day for breakfast and ate at some lovely places for half that price.

Would I stay here again? Tough call, the location is great and that would be the only thing to draw me back. For the price I think it’s expensive for what you got and I expected far more from a 4* chain of hotels.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank LizG571
Hannes B, Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Liz,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.

While I am happy to read that you have experienced our location as excellent and the bed as comfortable, I am worried to read the other comments. At first I want to offer you my apologies regarding the coffee and tea amenities in your room. It is our standard service to provide all the rooms every day with some new sachets for coffee and sugar etc. This will be discussed with our housekeeping team to prevent this from happening in the future again.

Furthermore, I am sorry that the heating system was not working correct during your stay. All our rooms are provided with an air-conditioning and therefore you should have regulated the temperature. Again, our apologies that this was not the case.

I do hope we may welcome you back here with us in Amsterdam to change this first impression.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in February. This hotel is great if you’re going on a city break to Amsterdam. It’s so close to everything - walking distance to the centre. Breakfast was always good- with a good selection of cooked and continental breakfast. The rooms were really clean and modern. Beds very comfy and shower was great! All in all it was a good experience and we would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank ErinPearce1
Hannes B, Guest Relations Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Erin,

thank you for your review!

We would be honored to welcome you again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Each year my wife and I take a European city break for our anniversary. We chose this hotel purely on location for the attractions we planned to visit on our short stay as we could walk to all in 10 minutes apart from the Van Gogh museum.

I was impressed the week before the visit Julien from guest services emailed regarding my stay to see if there was anything they could do to help prior to outperform arrival. He was able to help and advise by email and on arrival he was actually work and was a credit to the hotel.

The rooms are small but expected from an old building but being there for two days we only slept and washed there and the rooms were perfectly clean.

We didn’t have B&B however it is available. The hotel is almost right on train 2 & 5 route so easy to get to from central station.

I would 100% choose this hotel if I was to stay in Amsterdam again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hannes B, Manager at NH City Centre Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Joe,

What a wonderful review, thank you for this!

It is a pleasure to read that you had an excellent stay with us in Amsterdam. We are also happy to read that our colleague, Julien, has been a great help to you during your stay. Your review will be shared with him and I am sure that he will appreciate your comments.

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel and we hope to welcome you back soon.