We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Anne Frank”
Review of Anne Frank House

Anne Frank House
Ranked #2 of 600 things to do in Amsterdam
Certificate of Excellence
More attraction details
Attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Anne Frank House is a museum with a story. As a visitor, you experience this story through a free audio tour, quotes, photos, videos, and original items. The Anne Frank House can only be visited with an online ticket for a specific date and time. 80% of the tickets are released exactly two months in advance. The remaining 20% are released on the Anne Frank House website on the day itself at 9 AM. The demand often exceeds the number of available tickets. We advise you to buy your online tickets well ahead of time. Tickets for holidays and weekends sell out quickly.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The story of Anna Frank is well known. If you have not booked in advance , then try and go online at exactly 10 am and you may see new openings. That is what we did, and we got lucky.

Date of experience: April 2018
Thank Amir R
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Write a ReviewReviews (56,155)
Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year
Language
  • More languages
All reviews
"moving experience"
in 2,321 reviews
"in advance"
in 3,562 reviews
"frank family"
in 1,050 reviews
"hiding place"
in 456 reviews
"humbling experience"
in 372 reviews
"young girl"
in 561 reviews
"worth the wait"
in 1,198 reviews
"actual house"
in 386 reviews
"steep stairs"
in 633 reviews
"on line"
in 1,467 reviews
"piece of history"
in 383 reviews
"online tickets"
in 474 reviews
"time slot"
in 766 reviews
"pre book"
in 631 reviews
"long queue"
in 675 reviews
"buy tickets"
in 714 reviews
"visiting amsterdam"
in 1,014 reviews
Filter

3,726 - 3,730 of 56,181 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have visited the Anne Frank Museum a couple of times. The first time it was in November and we stood the cold for over an hour to get inside. The 2nd time, we purchased tickets online and selected the visit time. I preferred the second option because it also gave us 30minutes with the museum where they explained the events that unfolded and the different people. So it gave a better context to understand the house as you walked through it.

Date of experience: November 2017
Thank jbsans
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

First thing we booked when we booked Amsterdam. So disappointing it was all to new, a few original artifacts remained. If you struggle with climbing this is definitely one to miss.

Date of experience: April 2018
Thank MrsQ212
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Happy to visit such an important part of social history and explore a fascinating and inspiring story

Date of experience: August 2017
Thank SeeMSee
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It was awe inspiring and had impact that only being there could bring. Without any one saying anything about suggested conduct...not a word was spoken. One could here the traditional pin drop.

Date of experience: March 2018
Thank JimMarshallGB
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

Travellers who viewed Anne Frank House also viewed

Amsterdam, North Holland Province
Amsterdam, North Holland Province
 
Amsterdam, North Holland Province
Amsterdam, North Holland Province
 

Been to Anne Frank House? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing