This hotel was by far the best we have ever stayed in. We booked the Junior Suite, but i am sure that we were upgraded to an apartment, with Butler service. The room was huge and was amazing. Loving the My Bed. Best nights sleep in a long time!! We chose this hotel for a special birthday celebration and we were treated wonderfully. It was quite overwhelming. To begin with we checked in early and shown to our room by our lovely butler, who was fantastic, so helpful. The hotel then sent up a birthday cake, which they organised. A total surprise. We asked our butler which Indonesian restaurant he could recommend, and he actually booked us one we had seen on the web prior to us coming to Amsterdam. But thought it was too late to book as booking is done well in advance, but he managed to get us a table, which was fantastic. It was called Tempo Doeloe, highly recommend it (thats another review). The breakfast, with complementary champagne was great and the staff new it was my husbands birthday, and brought him in a Dutch apple cake with candle (more like a flare) and the waitress, who was so lovely sang to him, amazing voice. We felt so spoilt. During our stay there were so many other things that the hotel did for us that made our stay spectacular. On our last day the hotel let us have a later check out time as they new we were getting a later flight and arranged a transfer to the airport. Overall, all the staff at the hotel made our stay so much more than what we were expecting, it was quite sad to leave. Since we have been back, we have recommended the hotel to all our friends and family. Thank you all so much. Brilliant memories of Amsterdam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia APAC, Odigeo, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au and Agoda so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel