Open today: 9:00 am - 10:00 pm

Book in advance
from
AU$62.04
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Rijksmuseum
from AU$62.04
from AU$114.16
from AU$33.01
from AU$56.17
47,183 results
All reviews night watch dutch masters old masters great museum huge museum national museum works of art beautiful building famous paintings on display audio guide art lovers van gogh museum few hours take your time in advance on line
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

I realized I wasn't a museum person after going to this museum, or maybe I just saturated my head with information.
This museum is one of the most important museums in Amsterdam, despite not liking museums I learnt a lot from this one and was glad that id managed to do the WHOLE tour.
I would suggest to people like me, and to all people that visit, to only read/hear the information from those paintings/sculptures that call your attention, in that way you'll be able to hold on longer and retain more of the information you've learned, instead of cramming your brain with everything.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

Best museum in the world to see Dutch paintings. Better than the Hermitage, different than London, closer to the Met NY, smaller but therefore more manageable to see top Dutch paintings in one day.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

This is a great museum. You need to give yourself at least 3 hours for your visit. We went here, took a lunch break and then went to the Van Gough, which is next door. It was our "culture" day in Amsterdam.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

Class of Amsterdam, one of the world great museums. Delightful when in the door as the museum opens, and you stand almost alone to view wonderful Dutch Masters of the Golden age. Don't miss the quiet little garden with the surprising fountain out in back. Even in October it was a lovely spot well enjoyed by many.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

The architecture and interior are impressive enough even without the artwork. I opted for a timed entrance guided tour to avoid the lines and did this online before arrival. The guide was extremely knowledgeable and well worth the 5 euros in addition to admission. The guide provided the history and politics of the museum, the artwork and the painters none of which I would have known had I done this on my own. The guide showed us the highlights and had an ability to position the group in the front of the artwork despite large crowds. Once the tour was over you are free to remain. There is too much to see here and is difficult to absorb and you can easily be on overload. I highly recommend this tour and is especially suited for those who have limited time.