“Surprisingly friendly for vegan and allergic”
Review of San Pedro

San Pedro
Ranked #2,045 of 4,440 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 6 April 2018

For me - vegan and allergic it was a risk to enter but my meat eating spouse really dreamed of a steak. The menu on the window promised some veg dish so I agreed. I must admit it was damn good decision!
Firstly I was assured that all my diet restrictions would be respected. The long haired, Argentinian "macho" waiter was caring and helpful, he offered me some replacing ingredients and consulted the order with the chef. Then I was served a big portion of veggies with jacked potato - yummy!
Secondly, my spouse ordered menu of the day which was of course a steak but for a very reasonable price of 13€. As he said the meat was delicious, and all the sides perfectly matched it. He was in cloud 7!
Finally we were fascinated with the interior design. Kitschy paintings above the wooden panels on the walls with some christian devotional crosses and icons over the bar gave this place unforgettable appearance.
To sum up I do recommend this place for all: food&drinks, respect for dietary restrictions, service and design. This is a value for money.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We had a really great time with my girlfriend, we order steak,ribs and a bottle of wine in the price of 58 €. The portions were big and delicious! The staf was friendly and definitely we could come again!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

we had the double burger with fries and the steak and fries,for the money fair price nothing special. the burger was well cooked but fad the steak a tad too rare.
on looking at the drinks menu saw the medium beer was 3.50 euros,but after leaving having paid the bill noticed the 2 medium beers were charged at 4.50 euros

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I was walking in the street on a rainy night in November. decided to look for a shelter in one restaurant. found this restaurant and had a beer and a meal. I like it and enjoyed my time. best of luck

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

There are a lot of steakhouses in Amsterdam and unfortunately most of them are no good. The steak at San Pedro however is great. Not the thickest I have seen but l the Sirloin I had was cooked to perfection (medium/rare) and you don’t need teeth as it melts in you mouth.