“Too touristy ”
Review of Smokey Coffeeshop

Smokey Coffeeshop
Ranked #52 of 316 Nightlife in Amsterdam
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Smokey’s is right in the middle of Rembrandt square which is a great location for tourists obviously and with the huge sign it’s clearly attracting tourists. Inside was fine, not too dark and lots of tables which was necessary, it was just a shame it attracted the type of people who were attention seeking and immature with the experience. This is a place you would go if it’s your first time ‘experiencing’ Amsterdam or coffee shops, it’s certainly not for seriously people.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"euro"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018

its a mix of dance, sports and smoke all in one...but actually the brand name is famous in Amsterdam as it has been around a very long time - at least the mid 90s when I first knew it. Same location:- although they did have another one up near Centraal Station, which made it a known name.

However, having gone there lately in Jan 18 - the place is located in still a tidy area - Rembrandtsplein, which is kind of a a square designed for night time fun. Get there by tram direct takes about 10 minutes from up town (hooker zone).

Place is pretty okay - always busy! pool tables live sports, green and beer. TBH it is one of the premier bars in Amsterdam. Drinks (pint of Heinken etc) are mildly expensive compared but the smokey is on a par with the rest of the city. 100 euros will see you very alright here on a night out.

I would say this place, the Hard Rock Cafe and The Bulldog are the top 3 for "don't miss" if you visit Amsterdam and looking to get loaded. Personally I like to go there just for a smell (gettit) of the old days and just love the fact it is still going strong.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Your prerolls suck. Back in California I can buy better weed from a high school student. Wasted like 50 bucks before I realized I should just buy a pipe and smoke the weed sold by the gram. Hash was okay. Eriously though, the prerolls are a scam. If you weren’t right next to my hotel I wouldn’t have come back after the first time. You even forced me to buy a drink after I bought hash. No really, you guys suck. Maybe tourists are normally suckers but you aren’t fooling me...

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 20 March 2018

me and my partner came here on our first night in Amsterdam, the bar was busy and looked good from the outside so we went in, the staff were more worried about chatting to one another than to serve the customers who were queuing at the bar, they were really unhelpful, rude toward us, and made us feel really unwelcome.

We were also missing some of our order so i went back up to the bar where i was met my another bar member who was just as rude.

We overhead other people complaining about the way they were spoke to by the bar staff, so it must be a recurring thing in there.

dont bother going!