“Fantastic food and service!”
Review of Sham Restaurant

Sham Restaurant
Reserve with
Sham Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #336 of 4,591 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: USD 11 - USD 40
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: Welcome to Sham Restaurant. Sham is the nickname of Damascus, the oldest capital of the world. We want to give you a taste of authentic Syrian Kitchen, prepared by our experienced chefs. It's a tradition to share our dishes with each other, so that you can taste all the flavors our kitchen has to offer.
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across this Syrian restaurant whilst visiting the city and I have to say it was delicious, the staff were welcoming, helpful and advised us of the menu choices well. We had a 6 Meze starter and chicken skewers for main course and were given complimentary tea after our meal.
Will definitely visit again and would highly recommend.

3  Thank Magsw34

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I tried this Syrian restaurant with some colleagues during our business trip to Amsterdam and I loved it for the food served and the service provided. I liked it so much that I came back to eat here the day after for lunch.

It's located in the center of Amsterdam but despite this it's not expensive.

Food was very tasty, I can definitely suggest Muhammara as one of the best dishes, and the service provided was excellent. The guys there are always kind and available, moreover they speak various languages.

When I will come again to Amsterdam in the future, this place will always be a must!

2  Thank albertop9123
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We found this gem tucked in an alley in Amsterdam. The owner is amazing and started out our visit by stopping by the table and making recommendations from the menu. I strongly advise doing the six plate starter menu and then a main. The food is absolutely delicious and the quality is second to none.
I had the veal ribs for my main and they were fabulous.

The food, atmosphere, and service are top quality. I cannot wait to go back for more. I think we may go back once more before we head back to the US........

2  Thank robmA453CU
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We really liked the idea of Syrian food as we had never tried this cuisine before.

Didn't get off to the best start when we had to wait 30 mins after our booking time to get sat down. The food was OK but no better than that. Also over priced as well but the location does mean it will be a bit more expensive.

It was busy and they tried their best but did sit a long time between courses.

Will not make a return trip to this one.

2  Thank roddymc84
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I came across the Sham whilst wondering around and as we had never tried Syrian cuisine before, we decided to go in. We were not disappointed and found the food absolutely delicious and the staff very friendly and helpful, despite being very busy. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank JenSHarris81