All reviewsnemo museumchoc spreadrooms are smallwalls are thinbasic hostellay your headcentral stationyogurtwalking distanceamsterdam centraalcity centrecabinsinkbunktrain
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

The vita nova is in a great location, quiet but close enough to the city centre that it is easily walkable. It is a stone throw from central station for all the trams and metro. It has a museum on it's doorstep - nemo museum and is close to the all the shops for souvenirs, pubs, snack bars and shops for booking trips. The breakfast provided is a good sized continental breakfast with cereals, yoghurt, milk, cold meats, toast, cheese and pancakes with sauces all available. Staff are very welcoming and showed us all of the amenities. They were very approachable and willing to assist where they could. Free WiFi is also available. Yes, the rooms are a little small and basic but they are clean. This is accommodation for people who are looking for somewhere clean and cheap to hang their hat while they explore Amsterdam. For the prices, it really can't be beat.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Quite a nice boat and very nice owners. They serve a good breakfast in the morning but starts at 8 am. I would have preferred to eat earlier and get on with the exploration of Amsterdam. The boat is basic and the rooms small. It is however a very good deal for the money. They have 2 shared toilets with showers and 2 extra showers on the boat. The sharing of toilet can be a little annoying in the morning as everybody wants to use them. Especially if people starts showering and the waiting is quite long. Rooms are small but contains a sink. All the sites are within easy reach.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 May 2016

I stayed at Vita Nova for two nights at a weekend in april. The manager is nice and takes time to explain the boat. Especially he mentioned not to throw sanitary things into the toilet. The rooms are very small, but thats what you have to expect in a hostel boat.
The breakfast was rich and fresh, with much of cheese, cold cuts, pancakes tea and coffee.
The reason for my bad rating are the sanitary facilities. There were two toilets at our corridor. At the morning they were blocked, both! No way to go on toilet...
The shower was not to move, there was only one direction for the water, also when I wanted to regulate the temperature.
The heating in our room was not easy to regulate, so it was very hot in the night.

I think its an nice small hostel which is very central located. If they would find a solution for the toilet-problem, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clara F
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

Full disclosure: I've never stayed on a boat before. I'm glad I did.

My boyfriend and I spent a week in Amsterdam with the coolest Dutch grandma in Monica. Seriously, she's great.

Finding the boat was the hardest for us because Google Maps was an absolute doofus when it came to transit directions from Amsterdam Centraal station. Instead, just turn left after exiting the central station hall and take the short walk down the Oosterdokskade and cross the bridge towards the Nemo Science Museum.

The room was cozy. Bunk beds, sink, a chair, small radiator and a small closet. Recessed European two-pin outlet, just one, so bring a voltage adapter. There are four showers; two have toilets. There's a step up to the toilets that hurts me height-wise. I'm 1.9 meters tall, so I kept bumping my head on the ceiling when I needed to spend a penny.

Breakfast in the mornings was the best I ever had. Coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice, white bread, wheat bread, cereal, muselix, yogurt, {cold cuts, tomatoes, cucumbers (a Dutch thing?)} and hard boiled eggs. Also; butter, jam, generic Nutella, Dutch peanut butter and Duetti, a half Nutella-half white Nutella spread were at the tables.

The free wifi was fast and reliable. It was a little slower in the cabins since they were downstairs but, still, it worked. If you're gonna watch videos on YouTube or Facebook, though, watch them upstairs. No Skyping allowed, by the way.

Google's walking directions for Amsterdam are easy to follow making the city itself easy to navigate by foot. The food's delicious (I recommend having a Dutch pancake, among other Dutch treats). Please check out the museums, including the one right outside the boat.

If you want to stay someplace quirky, non-traditional and cozy when in Amstedam, I most definitely recommend Vita Nova.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank l337sp34kr
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Location fantastic, beds comfy, boat spotlessly clean, staff a pleasure to have met, no complaints at all. It is a boat, with beds and a social/canteen area. Lovely views from the top deck. Would deff stay here again. Fantastic prices.

Room Tip: Room 1 is directly beneath the stairs, it can be creaky however this does not retract from the overall comfort.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends