All reviews nemo museum choc spread rooms are small walls are thin basic hostel lay your head central station yogurt walking distance amsterdam centraal city centre cabin sink bunk train
Reviewed 18 April 2016

The "botel" has a great location, just a few short minutes from central station, which is great to those traveling without a shared/private transfer from the airport. To have stayed in Vita Nova was a great experience and I strongly recommend it to anyone staying in Amsterdam! If you have the change book a botel, for it will enhance the whole Amsterdam experience.
Breakfast was great, lots of variety for a small hotel and beating other 3 star hotels I've stayed in.
The only minor issue was the bathroom which, of course, was small (I was in a boat after all!) but that didn't ruin the experience at all.
Great value for money! You'll be surprised when accomodated.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marisa22C
Reviewed 14 April 2016

I never reveiewed this but I stayed September 2013.
Don't book this and expect to get an amazing room with your own bathroom. It's a boat. Plain and simple. It's quaint. Not sure if I'd ever stay on a boat again..... but it really was an experience! Not necessarily a bad one either. I wouldn't recommend this for a stay longer than a night or two. I believe we stayed for two and boy was it cramped! Trying to change and sort through your luggage was a bit of a nightmare but I didn't really have a problem with sharing the bathrooms. I also didn't shower while I was there as we were going to a normal hotel after our stay.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you book a boat, don't expect more than a boat. It's not a luxury hotel, or even really a hotel. It's a boat lol Beds are small, I hit my head on the ceiling a few times, not a lot of room to move around. Smaller than a twin sized bed.

People were nice, didn't bother us at all. We stayed in the lower level and I don't remember hearing any excessive noise. I did find it a bit out of the way from everything we wanted to see but we rented bikes so it didn't really matter.

All in all, not the best, not the worst. No bugs so that's always a plus!

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank misskalli
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Vita Nova is in a fantastic location, about a 5 min walk from Centraal Station as well only a short walk from main areas such as Dam Square and the Red Light District. The area where the dock is situated itself is excellent, with some really nice small bars and restaurants. Management are very accommodating and pleasant, and the complimentary breakfast was nice. Soda, water and beers available for a reasonable price in the restaurant area. Cabins were small, as to be expected, but good value for the price. Shared showers and toilet were a minor issue, but manageable. In all, a good stay, and a great choice for a short trip to Amsterdam.

Stayed: April 2016
1  Thank John E
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

My sister and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Vita Nova. It was basic and what we expected of a boat hotel. Room was tiny but for us only a base so no problem. Breakfast was basic, toilet/shower room a bit smelly but ok overall. Thanks

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andi932015
Reviewed 21 March 2016

The worst place I ever sleep! Expensive ! Cold!
The bed is a child size. Walls are like paper ( difficult to sleep with noise) .
Shower! Oh My God! The worst! Nasty!
The incredible small room ( I was in a single room) has a heater under the bed and because is a ship, the window is not isolated . Conclusion : Cold, very cold air coming on ur face and body! ps: After staying that I was 1 week recovering from Bronchitis.
The owners are very rude!!!
During the 4 days I was there, they NEVER took my trash or did my bed!
No Soap on toilet or shower room ( if u can call it toilet )
Breakfast is poor for the price. You cant shower after 10 pm. You cant move inside ur " cabin" because is REALLLYYYYYYYY small.
There is so many good reviews on internet and I am wondering WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE that says good things about this terrible place!

Please, do yourself a favor and spend few euros more and stay alway from this place.
The only thing good is that is central! ( which u can get another place in the area)
Disgusting !