“Lovely Dinner with a Personal Touch”
Review of Pianeta Terra

Pianeta Terra
Reserve with
Pianeta Terra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 4,521 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: USD 47 - USD 76
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Pianeta Terra takes another step forward on its course towards natural cuisine.For fifteen years, Pianeta Terra Amsterdam has combined delicious organic food with innovative Italian cuisine to deliver a truly fantastic dining experience. Now, Pianeta Terra plans to take this recipe for success one step further on the path of fresh and exciting fare. We introduce a new approach to our cuisine as we work in total harmony with the cycles of Mother Earth. Our usual creativity and attention to pureness will be further enhanced by our desire to use only the freshest, seasonal produce available. Updated daily, the new menu will reflect our 'moment in time' concept. This will be achieved by using ingredients that are at their prime at the given time of the year, with special attention being paid to organic meat, vegetables, and ethical fish. Combine this with our innovative techniques of preparation, and your visit to Pianeta Terra is guaranteed to be an unforgettable experience.
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Myself, along with my wife and another couple had dinner here in late May. It was a weeknight, not completely full, however I would recommend making reservations to avoid disappointment. The four of us were seated upstairs where there are windows located to allow a fresh breeze if necessary. Our server was very polite and efficient. The menu, at the time, was limited, however the dishes listed were so enticing it was difficult to decide on one. I chose the short ribs. While they were prepared perfectly, I felt that the portion was a bit lacking. I realize that is the nature of ribs, however my appetite was not satiated so I brought this up with our server. Not long after, the owner was at our table enquiring as to my concern. He was excellent. Engaging and attentive and really expressed a passion for the food and concern that I was not satisfied. Overall it was a very nice experience, definitely recommend.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We came on a recommendation from our hotel host. Nice looking restaurant, old tall narrow townhouse like building. Husband and wife owners, friendly and helpful staff, knowledgeable about their food and wine on offer. We sat on the top floor on a nice table in the corner by the window, so we had a nice breeze on a warm evening. I had the chefs mystery meal which was interesting good homestyle cooked food that was tasty which included fish, meat, pasta and vegetables. Good Italian food and wine on offer that we would recommend.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

I have been to Pianeta Terra on several occasions, and it is one of my preferred places for Italian cuisine in Amsterdam.
Warm and welcoming all the way: from the moment you step into the place until the end of the evening. White walls, a bit of art, wooden floors and a dining area with tables placed on several levels provide a public, yet cozy space.
Wonderfully friendly, and attentive, service without being overbearing.
Very good food, made from fresh ingredients and incorporating a touch of local sourcing as well. Sensible and delectable selection of wines.
In short, the perfect setting for a enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We had an amzing white wine, Grillo Parlante, with octopus, black risotto and gnocchi with clams. Delicious!!!!!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We were super lucky we made a reservation on a friday night. It was totally full. We were pretty much the youngest guests (around 30 years), as the mainstream seemed to be around 50 or older. This might have been because it is a bit pricy than average, but we wanted more than average so we were willing to pay for it. It was so worth it! Every dish was very delicious, with a great explanation. Service was excellent, and we loved it to be serves by Italians. We paid 275 euros for 4 persons for 3 courses and alcoholic drinks.